Asked by kawaiinose, Chicago, IL • Thu Aug 23, 2012
Long story short- put an offer in on a short sale- bank came back $20k more. Decided to walk away originally- 2 days later our landlord told us they would be increasing our rent. We looked for another apartment and realized that rents have gone up a crazy amount in the last 4 years.... Decided that we could go up $15k more on the condo- the seller's came up with the extra $5k for the bank.
Just found out yesterday that the bank has closed the file so we're basically at square 1 again. The bank did assigned the same negotiator, though, so the lawyers are trying to call and explain the situation to him. Meanwhile we need to tell our landlords if we're staying or going by this coming Wednesday...
Today the seller's agent asked if we would be interested in taking "pre-closing possession"- regardless of whether we have an answer from the bank by the end of our lease, we could move into the unit- pay HOA and utilities until we find out. Lawyers and realtors think its a good idea... Help!
Real Estate in Chicago
Popular Categories in Ravenswood
Email me when…
Success! Your email alert settings have been saved. Access all your email alerts in your My Trulia account anytime!