Home Buying in Landover>Question Details

Lenjav,  in Prince George's County...

Short Sale property,

Asked by Lenjav, Prince George's County, MD Wed Aug 10, 2011

Why should I as the buyer have to replace the AC unit that was stolen from the property.being sold "as is".
I going to closing next week a i just found out that the AC unit was stolen , The agent had the seller to put in a claim and it was denied.

Answers

2
was it working when you the had the contract in front of you, what does the contract say about the AC was an inspection done. If the answers dont indicate that the AC would be removed then a renegotiation is needed with the seller about price or replacment.
You should work with your agent and speak to an attorney. Unfortunately, it may come down to making touch choices. How much do you want this property? Are you willing to wait a month or longer for an answer from the bank to see if they will or will not replace? The seller probably does not have the money to replace the unit and may decide to let the property go to foreclosure. It's time to team up with your agent to attack the issue.