Short Sale closing Date Looming

Asked by Ji, 20147 Sun Nov 15, 2009

I was snuck in as a buyer for a short sale home that is suppose to close pretty soon. I have moved as fast as possible to close the loan but it may not be fast enough to meet the closing deadline set by the bank. Didnt have much time but we have been putting a superhuman effort to try to close Would the bank really start the process over again when they have a buyer who is sooo close. Would the bank grant an extension if we paid a per Diem...or would they grant an extension because its the logical thing to do. This house has been sitting on the market for quite a bit of time

Answers

2
Ji, Home Buyer, 20147
Sat Nov 21, 2009
Thanks for the answer. We have put the request in. The close date would only be 1 week after the closing date. Hard to believe a bank wouldnt grant 1 week extension when its so close to finalizing!
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Sun Nov 15, 2009
you need to work through the listing agent and request an extension. i have had no problem getting an extension when there's been a replacement buyer if everything else is good, etc. it's taken me 1-2 weeks to get "re-approval"... BUT, it depends on the bank, their policies, how long ago the SS was approved and if there is a pending foreclosure looming, as well. best of luck.
Web Reference:  http://vickychrisner.com