Sharon Prices

Asked by Lauliza, 02067 Fri May 20, 2011

It seems like prices are still dropping even more in Sharon- some homes are very affordable for such a desirable community. There seem to be a lotof foreclosures also. Could the commute/ distance from Boston be a possible reason for this? There seems to be no "bad" area in Sharon and is so pretty with stellar schools. Do I have hope for the next few years of still finding an affordable ranch/cape style home or do you see the trend turning?

Answers

1
Christine Sm…, Agent, Canton, MA
Fri May 20, 2011
Lauliza,
You are right. Sharon is a very desirable community yet it has a number of smaller homes in an affordable price range right now. There is no bad area & no bad schools, but people who have lived there for a while do have their own preferences. I also think many people moving to Sharon are looking at the pricier, larger homes so that the smaller, more affordable ones stay on the market longer - and drop their prices. The tax rate is also fairly high so that those who can afford the less expensive homes, may be put off by the taxes.

It's hard to say what the future holds in terms of prices. Keep an eye on them & if they start inching up and you are in a position to buy, I would suggest jumping in.

If you want to receive listings by email just to keep an eye on the prices, feel free to email me at CSmith@BuyersBrokersOnly.com. I promise - no high pressure sales or phone calls. You can decide when you are ready to contact me.