Diane, Home Buyer in Bristolville, OH

Selling my home in Livingston...where do I move to now? Want a town home with 3 bdrms, 2.5 baths.

Asked by Diane, Bristolville, OH Tue Mar 6, 2012

I am a divorced empty nester, age 50. No longer want to deal with snow shoveling or lawn mowing. Want something near work in West Orange and Synagogue in Livingston, but must be budget-conscious.

Answers

12
Carol Eisens…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Hi Diane,

Sounds like it's time to enjoy life and have more free time!

There are lots of developments in West Orange ,Livingston and neighboring towns of Roseland, Florham Park and East Hanover. All an easy drive to work and Synagogue in Livingston. 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths can be found but you need to know what price range that you are looking and take into consideration the maintenance and taxes. Some developments have a lot of amenities ,clubhouses, pools,gyms, gate houses. Therefore, the monthly maintenance is higher. If you are not going to utilize these amenities, then you will save in a development that does not offer these .

If you would like a full list in your price range of what is available so you can make a comparison, let me know and I would be happy to send it to you. I have lived in a townhouse community in West Orange and now live in Livingston.

Best to you,

Carol Eisenstein
Barbara Grus…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Diane,
How has your search gone? If you are still putting info together, let me add to it. Livingston has great options in this regard but you should not neglect surrounding areas - Roseland, Caldwell, Essex Fells, for example. And, there are some candidates right in W. Orange as well. I just closed for a client with needs like yours with a beautiful home in W. Orange leaving her 3 minutes from her store.
Judith Amorim…, Agent, Caldwell, ID
Sun Aug 26, 2012
I urge you to please consider the established community of North Caldwell, NJ. Just 17 miles from mid town Manhattan, the township provides exceptional education, recreation, community and saftey. Ranking Top 20 within the state; the Borough of North Caldwell provides Public Pre K to 6th grade schooling with a regional 7th to 12th grade middle/high school which ranked 16 in the state.

Please visit my website http://www.judithamorimdias.com and contact me directly (973-444-5643). There are a number of resident families which work in Manhattan and live in the North Caldwell community. With a number of nearby Midtown direct express buses and trains, local residents attest to the quality, happiness, privacy and comfort in their selection of home in North Caldwell, NJ.

Kind regards,

Judith Amorim Dias
NJ Licensed Real Estate Agent

Prudential New Jersey Properties
50 E. Mt. Pleasant Avenue, Livingston, NJ 07039 &
14 Forest Avenue, Caldwell, NJ 07006

Mobile: 973-444-5643
WEB: http://www.JudithAmorimDias.com
Email: Judith.Dias@PrudentialNewJersey.com

Web Reference: http://www.judithamorimdias.com
Amy Harris, , South Orange, NJ
Fri Jun 29, 2012
Livingston offers several good options. Have you thought about the Enclave- a rental building on S. Orange Ave in Livingston? Also the Regency are beautiful and meticulously kept townhomes on teh corner of S. Orange Ave and Passaic Ave. There is also The Fairways townhomes on Rte 10 in Livingston. These are incredibly spacious - but more expensive than the ones at the Regency.

I am a Livingston market specialist - If you'd like more help please feel free to contact me. Cell # (17) 327-0701 / EMail amy.harris@cbmoves.com.
Robert Bruck…, Home Seller, West Caldwell, NJ
Sun Apr 29, 2012
Congratulations! I live in LIvingston. Before you decide where you would like to move, you should probably consider how long you plan on living in your next residence. I noticed that you are from Ohio, is this property in Livingston a rental or investment property? Walking distance to the synagogue and other houses of worship can be found in West Orange, Springfield and some other communities, even in Morris County where the taxes may be lower. I live in Livingston and have access to listings in the West Orange area that are within walking distance to the synagogues. I also have information on properties that are in Morris County with lower taxes that may work. You may also qualify for some of the adult communities where the taxes may be significantly lower. If you would like help in finding a home, please contact me at (973) 901-1900 or RBruckner31@gmail.com . I am happy to send you listing information. Good luck to you, Diane.

Robert Bruckner
Coldwell Banker
(973) 901-1900/cell
RBruckner31@gmail.com email
Susanne Edell, Agent, Short Hills, NJ
Fri Mar 16, 2012
How about the Woodlands in W.O., you get a big bang for the buck there!
Marisa Beltr…, , Ship Bottom, NJ
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Many options will be available to you; a three bedroom townhouse is a little more difficult to find and of course your search will be defined by what you will choose as your purchase budget; taxes and maintenance will be factors in your decision, although the maintenance fee could be contained if you are not in need of a cludbhouse with a lot of amenities.
A good starting step would be an internet search, or a list of available townhouses that I'll be happy to send you; this will give you an idea of values, and what money will get you, for the property that you are considering.
Regards and best wishes.
Marisa Beltramini
Broker/Sales Associate
Re/Max Village Square Realtors
Montclair, NJ 07043
http://www.marisabeltramini.com
marisabeltramini@remax.net
973 979 5110
Sharon Home…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Diane,

Sounds like you have a big decision to make. Since you are looking for a townhome with 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths you have a little less options than if you were to look at 2 bedrooms. There are many great townhomes in Essex county, Morris county and Union county that will work. Since you did not share the budget it's hard to point you into one compex or another and you are not yet at the age that will allow you into a 55+ community.

As was mentioned before, if you have a local agent that assist you in selling your home they should be able to guide you through the purchase portion as well. We currently listing a beautiful Townhome at the Normandie Estates that is 3 bedrooms and 2.1 baths with a master bedroom on the first floor. It might work for you. It would be our team's pleasure to assist you in your search if you are still in need of great local advise. Our office is in Livingston and Sharon and I (Karen) living in Essex county and we are very familiar with all the different townhome complexes. We are also going to put a great townhome for sale in Caldwell but that one is only 2 bedrooms with a finished basement.

All the best in your home sale and home search and feel free to call us with any questions.
Karen Abramson
917.294.0356
Keller Williams Subruban Realty
sharonandkaren@kw.com
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Hi Diane, good suggestion from Jennifer. With the assistance of a local agent, work concentrically out from those things that mean most to you - place of work, place of worship - and go from there.

Good luck with your home sale - that is step one. Also, if you are selling, and happy with the agent that has listed your home, start there....she should be able to advise you since your goal is to stay pretty close to home base. If your search takes you beyond her scope of expertise she can refer you to another agent and she will receive a referral fee as a thank you from that agent. Costs you nothing, and I'm certain it would be greatly appreciated.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Jennifer Bla…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Hi Diane,

Have you chosen a listing agent yet? Since you are hoping to stay close you can probably use the same agent for both your listing and your purchase. Call the Synagogue office, I bet you'll find a member who's an agent.

Jennifer
Jonathan Cit…, Agent, Maplewood, NJ
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Hey Diane,
Where do you want to be? Does Essex County still attract you? Are you looking to save some money on taxes and relocate to Morris or Union Counties? Are you thinking of out of northern New Jersey, perhaps relocating to another State? What are your priorities? So many questions. Buzz me up, let's have a chat, and allow me the opportunity to help you figure things out.
'My business...My Pleasure'!
Jonathan Citron
Sue Adler Te…, Agent, Short Hills, NJ
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Hi Diane,
You'e got plenty of options in West Orange. Since I don't know your budget, here's the link to my home search site, which is totally up to date with all listings in our MLS. http://www.latestnjlistings.com . If you save your favorites, I'll give you my opinion on them.

Sue Adler
#1 Keller Williams Team in NJ 2005-Present
Web Reference:  http://latestnjlistings.com