Selling Agent won't Take My Agent's Calls/emails

Asked by Stumbaughfam, , Wed Aug 15, 2012

We put a really good offer in on a short sale via email to the selli g agent. Now that agent hangs the phone up on my agent and will not respond to texts, emails, and voicemails. We have no idea if we should move on or wait for this home. I really want this property but this selling agent is being awful!

Answers

6
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Disturbing. I would have your agent contact the listing agent's broker to discuss this problem.

My rule of thumb for all short sales - hope for the best; prepare for the worst

Tina Lam, Agent, San Jose, CA
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Hum, that whole situation sounds suspect to me. What they could be doing is to run up a good number of days on the MLS and not present any other legitimate offers to the sellers. Hence, they're not even answering your agent's calls.

Then, they'll do an insider job and put in their own offer at the approved price, claiming that they received no other offers. After they get into contract, they will then turn around and sell it for more, probably giving you a bunch of calls then. Of course, that's completely illegal, but some brokers are willing to do that to make a quick buck. Tread carefully with people like this.
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com
Stumbaughfam, Home Buyer, ,
Wed Aug 15, 2012
We offered over $30,000 over bank approval. The house was just listed and not pending when we submitted the offer. They won't even show the property or list it in the local mls. The broker is based pu of LA and their web site is all in Korean. The home is in Bakersfield. My agent is so mad he thinks I need to report her. She and her office hangs up on my agent when he calls.
Tina Lam, Agent, San Jose, CA
Wed Aug 15, 2012
If you're putting an offer on a property, then the selling agent is your agent. The other agent is the seller's agent. If the seller's agent doesn't care about your offer, then it's probably not good enough. If the property is not already pending, you can send in a higher offer and see if you get a better response.
Wesley Willi…, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Has your agent has given you direction concerning this situation? If so what ...
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Wed Aug 15, 2012
I think he IS talking to you; you aren't listening.
He is not being polite, and he is not being professional,
But I think he's telling you that you missed the boat.
You should move on, let your Agent find another place,
and don't fall in love until it is yours.