Seeking title company & a mentor to assist me in deciding whether to attempt an auction purchase.

Asked by Dreaming Buyer, Cape Coral, FL Sat Aug 18, 2012

I am seriously considering bidding on a property through LeeClerk.org and need to do the diligent research on it. For the title company I am looking for a search of any title defects, liens, mortgages etc. to be done for a reasonable fee. The mentor part has to do with questions on the marketing value, desirability etc. (also @ a reasonable fee). I live in Montana but will be looking at the property and neighborhood in person prior to bidding. Any recommendations?

Answers

8
Maria Cipollone’s answer
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Is essential at this point that you need a real estate professional. A real estate agent can assist you in your home search and can help you to negotiate not only the price, financing terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and equipment. Ask your friends, co worker and family members to recommended you someone that they have a good experienced with.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Victor Naber, , Naples, FL
Tue Oct 2, 2012
My choice for this type of transaction would be
Paradise Coast Title & Escrow
851 5th Ave North, Suite 306
Naples, FL 34102

OFFICE: 239-963-1635
FAX: 239-791-1208

Ask for Attorney Sam Saad ! Sam can help you through anything!
Peggy Wagner-…, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
I would venture to say you are a little late in what it sounds like you're trying to accomplish at this point. Sounds like you're looking for last year's prices in today's market and things have changed quite a bit. I agree with a couple of answers below who ask why would you go through this now?

Just find a good realtor that has great negotiating skills and get a great deal without all the hassle!
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
There are plenty of good foreclosures available, just wondering why you going through the trouble. Call us about foreclosures toll-free 855.627.5376 or read this first http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/blog/foreclosure-scams-a…
Debra McAlis…, Agent, Naples, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
Paradise Coast Title & Escrow
851 5th Ave North, Suite 306
Naples, FL 34102

OFFICE: 239-963-1635
FAX: 239-791-1208

You need to have a very good title company do the research. I spent 2 hours last week trying to track down a title for a new client who closed on a property last year (with someone else) in which the Naples Attorney representing the title company went out of business and never sent the client the title. They had been trying to get the title for a year... Through my years of experience I was able to retrieve it for them in 2 hours and sold them another property...
Web Reference:  http://DebraSellsFlorida.com
John Martin, Agent, Naples, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
I have personally bought almost 100 houses from the Lee County foreclosure auction. Give me a call: 239-246-3004 when you have a chance and we will talk a little bit about your options.

John Martin
Sun Realty
239-246-3004
Kevin Clouti…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
Hi Dreaming,

You should have a buyer agent, like me, working as your buyer agent where you pay me a commission (3% of selling price or minimum $1495.00).
Why?
Because if your buying it online, dont you want to know the resale value, comps, estimated repairs BEFORE you bid? That is what ALL my online bidder investors do. The fee you pay me may save you hundreds or thousands of dollars AFTER you buy. The title conpany isnt going to tell you about Chinese Drywall, stolen A/C or applinaces etc. The value in the neighborhood for resale or where you are planning to live.
If your OK to spend from that far away without knowing, the title company I wouyld suggest is.

American Title Insurance Company
Toni Hitchens
239.541.9004
toni@americantitleflorida.com

I can be reached at:

Kevin Cloutier, Commmercial & Residential Realtor
Southern Premier Realty
Cape Coral, FL 33914
239.246.6639
kevin@kevincloutier.com

Check out my website at http://www.kevincloutier.com and look through shortsales and foreclosures there too!
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Sat Aug 18, 2012
Been there done that......no slight to you but what I read here is that you don't want to pay fair value for someone else to do all the work. If I could have back half the time I have spent on these type of propositions in the past I would be a rich man......by rich I mean time value rich because in the end our main asset is time. Good luck in your endeavor though....there are some great opportunities out there and I am sure you will be able to find someone willing to do that sort of work....in fact I can probably recommend one.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com