Seeking agents for investment properties

Asked by Fremontschools, Fremont, CA Mon Jan 16, 2012

I am looking for a 8 to 10% CAP on an investment property in the bay area or outside after expenses and property mgmt.

Can bring in about $150K and have ability to get enough credit. Looking obviously for max cash flow over the long haul

Any experienced agents with such an opportunity? thanks for answering.
In addition, if you have advice on what to look for in these investments please share your wisdom

Answers

4
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Yes - there are experienced agents here.

Truthfully, you are going to have a hard time finding a CAP rate in the bay area that is as high as 8%. They are out there, but they are all typically condos and many are currently in litigation - which is why their prices are so low. If you are willing to buy with 100% cash, then these might be a possibility.

You can get a higher ROI, but that's not what you asked for.
.
Marisa Suarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Jan 18, 2012
Hi, I understand the starting point of CAP rates to measure an investment but it's not just that. Cash on cash return, positive cash flow and your investment goals. You can do initial cash injection of $150K and cash flow positively or you can leverage with that $150K and also cash floe positively. Our team, with our earned CIAS (Certified Investor Agent Specialist) designation is equiped to run all scenarios for you. Call me at 510-207-1462 , Marisa Suarez.
Michael Cheng, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Jan 16, 2012
You'll be hard pressed to find investment properties in the Bay Area with those CAP rates. I work with investors and they're having to bid up to 6% CAP to win deals in San Jose. There are some areas on the less populous areas of East Bay where you can get to 8-10% CAP, but you'll have higher maintenance expenses and lower long-term appreciation. On the other hand, if you're looking at strictly ROI benchmarks, it's easy to hit 12-15% even in the south bay for properties within your investment budget.
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com
Basil Yaqub, Agent, Newark, CA
Mon Jan 16, 2012
Hi

I have a duplex coming up with 11% ROI after expenses.

Please contact me when you get a chance at 510-493-3508

Thanks!

Basil