Sarona Estate community Frisco ,TX. I have concern about power substation with High tension wires close to community, Is that safer to move .?

Asked by Hunter.home87, Plano, TX Sat Jan 19, 2013

We are considering the new home in Sarona estate but we are little concerns about the POWER substation and HT wires next to community , what you guys think about my concern ..? Homes prices are very competitive compare with other communities in same area. Is that because of Power substation HT ? Please advise from your past experience.

Appreciate your time and response.

Thanks !
First Time Home buyer

Answers

9
Renee Toton, Agent, McKinney, TX
Wed Aug 28, 2013
Have you found your first home yet. I specialize in First Time Home Buyers and would love you help you in your search.

The Power stations or power lines do bother some people but others not as much. The health concerns are widely debated. The negative side in my experience is more with resale. If you are planning this as a very long-term home then I think you are ok. But there is a reason the prices are competitive, and typical days on market are slightly higher.

If you email me a few details about your search criteria I can pull together some homes for us to look at. I have references from many First Time Home buyers who I've helped make their home purchase as stress-free as possible.

Happy Hunting,
Renee Toton
469-556-7054
Renee@TotonDevelopment.com
http://www.TotonSells.com
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Jul 26, 2013
It is all relative and subjective. There are pros and cons to both. Every neighborhood is surrounded by power lines.
Anon1, Home Buyer, Frisco, TX
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Stay away from Power lines, rail roads, houses backing to roads with heavy traffic. Further, the houses there are build by First Texas. Have you done your research on the builder? :-)
Michael Brow…, Agent, Allen, TX
Mon Jan 21, 2013

It seems like you are an educated buyer and your concerns are valid. However, as a first-time homebuyer, you should also consider many other factors as well. I would love to learn more about your concerns as well as your real estate desires, so if you are not represented by a real estate agent, please contact me anytime at 214-872-0400 or MBrownstead@kw.com so that we can further discuss your needs and concerns.

Feel free to visit me at: http://mbrownstead.kwrealty.com

Buying a home is an important process, having REALTOR representation, even when buying new construction is highly recommended.

Providing Solutions Because...Your Move Matters!

Michael L. Brownstead, GRI, ABR
REALTOR®
1002 Raintree Cir., Ste. 100
Allen, TX 75013
E-mail: MBrownstead@msn.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Jan 20, 2013
It COULD BE less expensive however if you have concerns as Bruce referenced dont buy there. Many families when showing properties have these thoughts (a) Dont care like the community (b) would not consider purchasing in that area .

NOTE: Families are 50/50 which does reduce your overall time for futre resale of a home or lease to a tenant

Frisco homes for sale Frisco Tx - website updated daily
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5057188

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Hunter,

That was the same question that clients have asked me over and over again. You can always have an EMF study done BUT buyers will always ask that question. If a buyer isn't comfortable with that issue then he will not buy the property, meaning in the future when it's time for you to sell the property you'll attract less buyers.

If you are not currently working with a realtor, I would suggest that your work with one. She/he can help you, saves you money, and give advice that will save a lot of headache down the road. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Take care.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Sun Jan 20, 2013
If it is a concern to you, don't buy there.
Some people are concerned, some aren't.
You'll hear that again when you sell.

There are people who live where I would never live,
There's probably people who would never live where I live.

But people buy different places all the time. Different people have different priorities...some will be price, some location, some size, some schools, etc.
Patrick Jack…, Agent, McKinney, TX
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Hello Hunter,

A substation and high tension lines can have a negative influence on buyers when you get ready to sell the home, just as they are influencing you now. It doesn't matter if there is a real physical danger or not. The perception is there. You don't want to eliminate any potential buyer from the pool fo buyers who you may be trying to sell to someday. Yes it will affect the value of the property then and now. That said, one location of a home within the subdivision may be better than another. A few blocks away from the substation & lines may make a difference, especially after the subdivision matures.

There may also be differences in the level of construction and finishes between First Texas and other builders you are comparing their product to that can account for variation in pricing.

As a first time buyer, you should be aware that builders pay a Realtor's commission, but an agent works on your behalf and represents your best interest. The builder does not. It might be helpful for you to work with an agent who can answer these questions for you as you go through this process.

Patrick Jackson
REALTOR, ABR, GRI
Brent Rice, Agent, Plano, TX
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Hunter,

This is a very good question. You are wise to ask this forum as well. I am also interested in others' input. Recently, at an inspection of my client's purchases, the inspector brought up this very question. Our discussion centered around the potential health hazard. The very experienced inspector, who also has an 11 yr old daughter, said he would never live "in the shadow" of either of these.

From a business/investment decision standpoint, you need to "price in" the fact that the house is in such proximity to the high voltage towers and substation because when you go to sell the property, your buyer will likely have the same concerns and want a discount for the same reasons.

My advice is to stay away. Find another property that suits your needs and within your budget that does not have this risk. Typically, these homes are harder to sell as well.

You should have a Realtor to represent you, if you don't already. Understand that any of us can protect your interests, and it doesn't cost you a thing. The listing agent will pay my commission, but my loyalty is only to you. Feel free to contact me anytime. I would be glad to assist to make your first home purchase experience a wonderful memory (like I have many other clients).

Brent Rice, Trulia Top Recommended Broker (Pro & VIP)
The Rice Group, Inc.
Website: http://www.ricegroupinc.com
214-808-3100
Brent@RiceGroupInc.com