Salmon Creek, Vancouver WA. Could someone tell me about this area.?

Asked by Sue Roy, Dublin, CA Wed Jan 30, 2013

Answers

8
Troy Jensen, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Sue

I read all these comments people post on the areas, it concerns me that there is so much bias in any given area, it is really in your best interest to come tour the areas and decide what is best for you. I am touring a couple today from San Jose CA in town and would be happy to show you around when you are in town as well. Just give me a call anytime.

Thank you

Troy Jensen, Buyers Agent
Professional Realty Services of WA
360-852-7145
Josh Barnett, Agent, Carney, OK
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Trulia has a great "communities" site built for most metro areas. Take a look at Vancouver's link below.

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Vancouver-Washington/

Hope this helps.
TheCouv, Home Buyer, Vancouver, WA
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Salmon Creek is what I would consider to be the #2 most desirable area in Vancouver. It is significantly further from Portland and traffic congestion has been a problem for years. Coming from Dublin the traffic will seem light no matter where you go but in all honesty, Salmon Creek's infrastructure still leaves something to be desired in spite of all the work we've done. Mainly because both Interstate Freeways converge in Salmon Creek making it a kind of 'hub' for everyone to pass through. You may see this as a huge plus or a huge minus and I think it depends on your own personal needs.

It should also be noted that in Salmon Creek you are NOT in the City of Vancouver, you would be unincorporated. You should research what this means in terms of taxes and all of the other costs/benefits associated with living outside the city limits.

Salmon Creek is home to Washington State University - Vancouver so if you've got kids that plan to attend there thats a benefit, however WSU is never more than 25 minutes from any other place you'd live here.

In all honesty, Salmon Creek is not a bad place to live; especially if you don't care about proximity to Portland or the congestion issues.
Janine Hook, Agent, Battle Ground, WA
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Hi Sue--

Salmon Creek is a good area with very good schools, and it is not windy! To avoid the wind,
stay more towards the west side of Vancouver rather than the east, and definitely avoid
Camas and Washougal where they are up on a hill looking out towards the Columbia River--you
get the east gorge winds there.

Janine
Troy Jensen, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Hi Sue

This is the area my wife and I choose to settle. As I mentioned in a previous post my wife is a school teacher here in Salmon Creek and its a wondrful area to live and raise kids. The travel time from Camas to PDX can actually be longer depending on Hwy 14 and the time of day as thats the main artery back to 205 and freeways, I can be at our Blazer Game seats in 20min off I-5 or to PDX easily within 20 min from Salmon Creek. We have been here many many years and I think you will find I have one of the only websites on-line dedicated to only Salmon Creek home buyers. Look at the site at http://www.SalmonCreek-RealEstate.com and if you would like to call me I can gather your home needs and do some searching for you if you like. I look forward to talking and hope you are having a great day.

Thank you

Troy Jensen, Buyers Agent
Professional Realty Services of WA
360-852-7145
Gloria Matth…, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Salmon Creek is going to be about 25 minutes (generally) to the office.

Terrific area, but if you look at a map.. its where the 205 connects to the I-5.. north of vancouver.

Sue. may I make a suggestion? Interview realtors, by phone, ... find one with experience and knowledge, that you want to work with... and commit to ONE agent.

There are things I can do, such as customizing a map of neighborhoods that might be within your 15 minutes, and on the north side of a hill, or somewhat out of the line of the wind.

and find the suitable home or BUILDING site, ... you've been on the Trula site long enough now, to choose a realtor and be serious about working with ONE AGENT.. to meet your goals We have information and tools that are not available on Trulia...
Evie Hampton, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Hi Sue!

Salmon Creek is an excellent area!!! Everything you could want is in Salmon Creek! Legacy Hospital, Kaiser, Albertsons, Safeway, Fred Meyer plus lots of restaurants and excellent schools! Also the I-205 and I-5 are right there! I would highly recommend Salmon Creek as a great area! Currently my eye doctor and dentist is right there and I live a little bit north in La Center, WA. If you would like to let me know what your situation is, I will be more than happy to help you in anyway I can!

Please feel free to contact me at 360-609-0086.

Cheers!~
evie
P.S. Salmon Creek is not a windy area either! (:
James Lucas, Agent, vancouver wa, WA
Wed Jan 30, 2013
its a very nice highly wanted home owner area. Newer upper end homes. Great schools, Close to both I-5 and 205 freeways. Nice parks, Nice views of Mt St Helen's.
One of the nicer areas to live in in the Vancouver/ClarkCounty area.
I hope this helps answer your question.
Have a super day.