Sale home as investment property becuase any one can buil second unit on it. Anaheim 92805

Asked by madevry, Anaheim, CA Tue Mar 6, 2012

My home is in anaheim and corner,R2 zone, 9800sq lot. home is 1400 sq. can i sale it as investment property becuase any one can build second unit on it and rent it .i already have all info from anaheim city for second unit. i want to sale and get at least 150k. its close state collage and Ball and Byson park.

Answers

11
Kawain Payne’s answer
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Hello Madevry,

In order to sale your property as investment property is has to already be an invsetment property.

If the current status of the property is a single family home, then you will have to list it as such. Residential income property has to have at least two separate units on the property.

If your property has a single dwelling on it, it is a signle family residence not residential income property.

Best Of Luck to You,

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Aaron Zapata, Agent, Placentia, CA
Mon May 21, 2012
Hi Madervy,
Did you hire a realtor already? I'd suggest putting the home on the market and see what a buyer is willing to pay. You may get more than you are hoping for. In order to give you an accurate price, a Realtor needs to see the condition and location. Find an agent you trust, and ask them for specific help.
-az
Vidi Barker, Agent, Newport Beach, CA
Thu Mar 29, 2012
Madevry,
You can't sell your home as an investment property unless it is actually in an investment property condition meaning more than one unit built with permits. However, a good listing agent will make sure to note that on your listings description so that everyone can see that they can make it into a multiunit. E-mail me the actual address and I will be more than happy to come out and show you what you could get for your home. We can then discuss a marketing plan to attract the right buyers.

Vidi Barker
949.945.4857
BarkerV@live.com
First Team Estates
DRE# 01896093
Ellen George, Agent, Anaheim, CA
Tue Mar 6, 2012
I have several buyers who would be interested in buying your home & either adding on or building another unit.
I've just sold several in Anaheim & I'm finding interest from people who are first time buyers - to investors. Ellen George -Star Real Estate Agent.
Jeremy Lehman, Agent, Garden Grove, CA
Tue Mar 6, 2012
It seems to me you'd get the most interest and traffic by listing it as a residential property and discussing the investment opportunities. Many investors look at Trulia and other places just like traditional buyers. They also work with agents or within their own network for opportunities.

Any one of us can help you determine value and marketing options.

Best of luck
Connie Bramb…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Hi Madevry,
Have you given any thought to having the second home built and then selling? I believe that may show you the greatest profit. Something to look into.
Connie Bramble
PrudentialCa Realty
714-337-8718
Karen Fenn, Agent, Anaheim Hills, CA
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Hi again Madevry,

It is most likely that your property is worth more than $150K. From your comments, the land alone would be at least worth that much.

Be cautious if someone promises to list your property as both income property and residential. Our Multiple Listing Service does not allow you to list a home in two categories, unless it's for sale and for lease.

As I stated previously, I'll be happy to discuss all your options with you so we can work together to get you the best price for the property. Please feel free to call me at 714-742-3997 or email karen@karenfenn.com.

Thank you!
Karen
MY Property worth is 374k. still i have 74k. but i want 150k on that home sale as investment property.
Flag Tue Mar 20, 2012
Mahesh Mike…, Agent, Anaheim Hills, CA
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Yes you can sell as an investment property or income property. Based on you what you are saying, you can certainly get more for your homes.

I will be glad to give you an evaluation for your benefit.
If you contact me, I also have an all cash buyer that may put an offer on it( assuming you have plans on it, subject to city approval...)

Feel free to call me or email me.
Mike Patel
Web Reference:  http://www.mikepatel.com
Brad Davidson, Agent, Placentia, CA
Tue Mar 6, 2012
You can market this property as both a single family home and an investment property. I obviously don't know the exact property but I guaranty it's worth far more than $150,000, at least twice that amount.

If you would like to talk about how to market the property and maximize your return, give me a call.

Brad Davidson
Broker - We Help-U-Buy Realty
714-961-8442
Web Reference:  http://www.wehelpubuy.com
Bob Foust, Agent, Fullerton, CA
Tue Mar 6, 2012
You should definitely have it listed as residential first and foremost., and maybe a duplicate listed as residential income (investment). I would not go strictly residential income because most investor buyers will want to see fully occupied rental units with financials and I'm assuming you have 100% vacancy and don't actually have the second unit finished, yet alone rented. Either way having an R2 lot does add the potential for income streams and therefore value. My home is on an R2 lot as well, feel free to contact me if you have further questions.
Karen Fenn, Agent, Anaheim Hills, CA
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Hi Madevry,

Absolutely! And it might be to your advantage. I'd welcome the opportunity to sit down and discuss the marketing options with you. Depending on location, amenities, etc., we could then decide if that's the best approach for you, or if you'd be better served marketing it as a single family home. All information regarding the property should be considered when making this decision. Please give me a call at 714-742-3997 to discuss your situation.

Thank you!
Karen