Home Buying in Northgate>Question Details

Guy, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

Sacramento: Any Gated Communities or Homes on Larger lots in Natomas for Sale under $425k?

Asked by Guy, Sacramento, CA Wed Apr 16, 2008

My wife and I have given up looking for a home in Land Park (Sacramento) and now are looking else where. While we would love to live in Land Park / Curtis Park, I think we are now resigned to look in other communities.

Are there any gated communities or areas in Natomas (Sacramento) with larger lots for under $425k? I am not a huge fan of homes where they are built on top of each other or where neighbors can see right into our house.

Any help is appreciated.

Are you now open to OTHER areas outside of Sacramento? If you can step into Placer County we have lots of gated options for your family to live in. Let me know if you want any more options or if you have found something that will work in the Natomas area.... eddie@bhrparkplace.com or 530 320 3032
Woodlake is located between Arden Ave and Hiway 160 in the 95815 Zip Code. Another leafy older home neighborhood that is far below your price limit is Hidden Hagginwood. A tiny pocket of older nice homes in 95838 on Los Robles, Albany, Mahogany, Douglas, Montrose, Verano and Pilgrim Court and Diggs Park Drive.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Hey Erin,

We are (were) looking at homes in Land Park and found one we really liked (short-sale on 7th avenue). Ultimately, it did not work out. We developed a real trust issue with the seller/agent and in the end would not accept the terms. We loved the house, but now think it's time to move on. Other than the above, we have decided to look in other places because LP is really not all that affordable for us and the likelihood we could find a suitable place is small.

I have looked in South Land Park and found very few homes we liked. (Yes, we may be the worst type of buyer ;) We (my wife and I) like older homes (pre-1980's) in neighborhoods with trees and try to stay away from tract housing, if we can.

In any event, we have not ruled out LP, Curtis Park or even South Land Park, but we just feel the chances are slim. So, the reason for the question about Natomas is that I have driven through neighborhoods that were nice and wanted to consider it as an option.

Thank you again for your comments. I really appreciate your input.

Thank you, Rob.

I have not considered Woodlake, but I assume that will be on my list soon. I guess I need to find out where that is.

Thank you again for your input.

Here's an alternative: Woodlake. It has the same character and feel of Land Park and Curtis Park, but it's a little off the beaten path and often forgotten about. It's even closer to Downtown than Natomas and offers more of that Land Park feel. In fact, there's a great mid-century home coming on the market in Woodlake this weekend on a large lot priced under $400K. If you're interested, let me know and I'd be glad to provide you more info.

Rob McQuade, ABR, REALTOR®
McMartin Realty | 2031 K St Ste 100 | Sacramento, CA 95811-4253
Tel (916) 444-7577

Hi Guy,

What type of house are you looking for (other than what you mentioned above)? Natomas is an interesting complete 360 from Land Park...just out of curiosity, why have you eliminated LP/CP? Have you thought of other areas nearby (like perhaps South Land Park)? Did the permit issue you mentioned in your past question sour you on older homes?

You do have some options in Natomas...not necessarily in gated communities, but there are some homes on larger lots out there. Natomas can be pretty densly packed in though...There is a community called Northpointe Park Village where lot sizes tend to be larger (near Natomas Community Park). I can email you examples if you like.

Web Reference: http://www.erinattardi.com
Erin Stumpf…, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA