SF Bay Area Financing for a US citizen living abroad

Asked by OOZZ, San Francisco, CA Mon Aug 25, 2014

Hi, I would like to buy a holiday property in Bay Area while living in UK. I'm a US citizen and my husband is a UK citizen, we used to live in US and used to have an excellent credit score (still file taxes and have bank accounts in US), we also have a great credit score here in UK. How do we go about getting financing through a US bank?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Annie Chang, , Pleasanton, CA
Thu Oct 9, 2014

I have many lenders who will provide financing for your scenario. It depends on your loan amount, how many down payment you have, income and reserves. I will be happy to help you out.

Annie Chang, Broker
CalBRE # 01377766/NMLS #231788
C2 Financial Corporation
Commercial, Residential and Construction Financing
Office: 925-238-8176/Cell: 925-216-3618
0 votes
Ryan Rudnick, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sun Sep 28, 2014
You're going to want to get in touch with a mortgage agent in the bay area. He or she will be able to ask you all of the relevant questions and help you get financing in the US for your real estate purchases.

If you need a referral for mortgage help, or any help finding a property, don't hesitate to ask!
0 votes
Valli Lopez, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Sep 19, 2014
I have two different loans for your scenario. I am able to use non US income to qualify you and your UK credit report to get you the best rate available. It's a no points loan and runs fairly smoothly. I have closed many buyers who either have no citizenship or make their income abroad from the UK to Australia. It's not a difficult process and making it a second home is not a problem. Call or email me and I can get you a rate quote, fee estimate and pre approval within 24 hours.

Valli Lopez
NMLS 980530
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more