Ripon/Manteca home buying

Asked by Yesenia, California Tue Oct 9, 2012

when a home is on sale, are people putting bids? or are the home selling at asking price?
wondering because i've noticed prices are going up some since a few months ago. thanks!

Answers

10
Heidi Roddan, Agent, Modesto, CA
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Ripon/Manteca homes are in demand and prices are on the rise. It's very common to see multiple offer situations, and homes sell at or over asking price. Now is the time!
Rick McGrath, Agent, Modesto, CA
Fri May 10, 2013
Home prices are on the rise most everywhere. Many homes have gone up north of $30,000, Ripon and Manteca areas are in demand especially with easy freeway access. While interest rates remain low, and inventory levels down, we can expect prices to continue going up especially in the Ripon/Manteca areas. For more information on buying check out my website and blog.
Molly Mooney, Agent, GIG HABOR, WA
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Homes are going up fast, and sometimes the bid method is used. Im most cases they sell at over the asking price If you offer about 30% of what you would have for the same home in Sept-2012you stand a chance. You can email me at MollyRE@msn.com and we can set a time to chat. Now is not the time to wait really Molly Mooney
Molly Mooney, Agent, GIG HABOR, WA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
There are different ways to purchase a home on some its a bid sytem ie: a hud home On some it the typical offer and counter offer system and yes prices are going up all over the state. In most cases ona straight sale it goes over the asking price, and we are in a sellers market inventory is low I can send you a market trend if you supply me with the area email me at MollyRE@msn.com
Hope to hear from you soon 209 809-5365
Marivel Rome…, Agent, Riverbank, CA
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Hi Yesenia,

We are experiencing a shortage of inventory in most cities and especially if the areas that are highly desired. When these factors are in play, this creates competition and buyers are willing to pay more. When people are paying more seller are able to list properties at higher prices.

I have noticed between 5-15 offers on any given property... even on short sales!

I wish you luck with your home search!

Marivel Romero
REALTOR (R) Hablo Espanol

ZipRealty, Inc.
Licensed in CA, #01871830
marivel.romero@ziprealty.com
Toll Free: 1.800 CALL ZIP x8718
Cell: 209.606.7891
Fax: 866.921.3861
My Profile: http://www.ziprealty.com/agent/maromero
i'm hoping that the election will bring more homes on the market....
Flag Tue Oct 9, 2012
Yesenia, Home Buyer, California
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Thank you to all the replies. This info is helpful. Hopefully, after election, more homes are released by the banks , just in time for us to buy =D
Rocky G.H. H…, Agent, Ripon, CA
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Homes that are desirable recieve multiple offers and in almost every instance over asking price. The reason for this is, supply is very low especially in Ripon and demand is very high. Be prepared to compete and adjust you max price mentally when you're looking. There are several caveats to purchasing a home in today's market. So make sure you take your time and select a credentialed Realtor or Better yet Broker.

Rocky

Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610 Direct
(209) 433-2000 Fax
(209) 915-6209 Mobile
rocky@prucalifornia.com
http://www.TeamHawrysz.com
License No. 01468373
Yadira Artea…, Agent, Modesto, CA
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Hi girlie,
We are dealing with a sellers market right now and unfortunately for every one home there are anywhere from 5-15 buyers. Depending on how long the home has been sitting on the market and rather you are asking for closing cost or not will your agent should be abole to tell you what is a good idea to submit. I definetly recomend that you take into consideration that there arent very many homes out there right now in comparison to buyers which means you will be competeing according to price. good luck on your home purchase and if you need any further help feel free to call me
Yadira Arteaga
Excel Realtors
209-505-3918
Julie Rodrig…, , Modesto, CA
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Hi Yesenia.

Yes prices have risen a little. Just to give you an example. At the beginning of summer average price of a home in Modesto was $130,000. As of now median price is about $142,000.

To answer your question, If a property is listed as Active, Active Short Sale, they are available and accepting offers until it is listed as Pending or Pending Short LAppro. :0)

Julie.
Emily Ryslin…, Agent, Modesto, CA
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Houses in Ripon & Manteca are receiving multiple bids. The homes are selling at asking price and sometimes over asking price.

Emily Ryslinge