Residents of 825 North Hudson! How is your living experience?

Asked by First Time Buyer, 60610 Fri Feb 26, 2010

Does anyone reside in 825 North Chicago and if so can you share how your living experience is with the Cabrini Row houses? That neighborhood still seems so suspect. Is it safe - what is the general feel?

Answers

4
Ken Dooley, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Mar 22, 2010
A lot was planned in the area and a lot has been done over the last 10 + years. However, all that has stopped and not much will happen in the immediate future. Banks won't lend and that will prevent new dvelopment for quite some time. There's no doubt the location is close to downtown but the only person that can feel safe in any area is you.

Good Luck,

Ken Dooley CIPS, ABR, TRC
Conlon: A Real Estate Company
(312) 305 4919 cell
kdooley@conlonrealestate.com
Web Reference:  http://www.KenDooley.com
Anonymous, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Fri Feb 26, 2010
I live in this building and occasionally have buyer's regret. The buiding is poorly managed at present and waiting for HOA to be turned over to the residents. They said that the buidling was made of concrete and steel but the soundproofing is awful; I can hear my neighbors as well as the people above me. I can also hear people in the stairwell and waiting for the association to install carpet there to eliminate that problem. The neighborhood is of little concern - I feel safe and would not have purchased my home here if I felt otherwise. I have lived here for a while without incident. While the units are nice some construction considerations were obviously ignored.
Agreed. things are not much better. Inside construction is only plywood on the floors, very cheap, and walls are only drywall with no noise insulation on either. Learn from both our experiences and find something made of decent concrete floors unless you dont plan to sleep during the night or day. Also the association will fine you for everything, maybe they are short on money as the HOA dues are raised significantly every year.
Flag Fri Apr 29, 2016
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Feb 26, 2010
As far as safety is concerned your best source of information is the local department--why not visit, ask all your questions, they'll gladly help--if you are unsure about the complex, why not revist more than once and at different times of day; possibly speak to residents should the opportunity arise--then make a determination, will your comfort level be reached--do keep in mind opinions are subjective.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Feb 26, 2010
First time,
If your nervous about an areas safety check out: chicago.everyblock.com/crime.

We as agents cant comment on things of that nature. Also go there at different times of the day and night and see how comfortable you feel with the area.

If you are not working with an agent, I suggest you do so. This way you have someone to walk you through the buying process at no cost to you. Interview two or three agents and go with the one you mesh best with.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696