Reputable custom builders in frisco, tx?

Asked by Nora, plano/frisco Thu Jan 22, 2009

Answers

11
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Thu Jan 22, 2009
Nora,

No reason to build in Frisco. Way cheaper to buy resale. Lots of availability. Lots of foreclosures. Several relocation homes.
Raw material prices have gone up and new builds won't be as cost effective.
My suggestion is to buy a resale.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
Susanne Anson, Agent, Plano, TX
Fri Jan 20, 2017
Yes, several, but a difficult question to answer unless you can specify price range. Land costs have driving up costs more than 40% over the past 4 years. Send me an email at Susanneanson@ebby.com for specific names and reviews. Thanks, Susanne
Yvonne A Rus…, Agent, El Paso, TX
Mon Dec 13, 2010
New Home Builders in El Paso Tx Reviews by an experienced Real Estate Agent

There are many builders and not all are reputable. Most, if not all, use high-pressure marketing techniques to get you to sign on the bottom line. Here are some things you should know if you are considering a new home purchase.

1. They may offer to pay all your closing cost if you agree to use their preferred lender. However, what they don't tell you is that they, in many cases, own the mortgage company.

2. Some builders will sell you models that have tons of square feet. That again is a numbers game. The construction on these homes is usually sub-standard and they will be cutting corners one way or another.

3. It is always in your best interest to be represented by a Buyer's agent. Builder's DO NOT want you to be represented because, among other things, a Buyer's agent will hold their feet to the fire when it comes to completing the home on spec. As a Buyer's agent, It is my duty to negotiate the best outcome for you. The marketing agents on site are working for the builder and have no fiduciary responsibility to represent you in the transaction. So before you decide to take the bait, call a RE/MAX Buyer's agent today.

Copyright © 2010 Russell-Realtor |All Rights Reserved
., , Lewisville, TX
Mon May 11, 2009
Hey Nora,

Which price range are you looking for? Which part of Frisco? Would be happy to help ya!

Nicole Arenas, REALTOR
214-991-9507
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Thu Mar 12, 2009
On the truly custom side, I would suggest you research Team 3 Homes. They were Tarrant County Home Builder of the Year last year in the over $2 million category, but that doesn't mean they only build in Tarrant County or that they only build $2 million and up. Ask for Patti Hanson.

Another good one to look into is M. Christopher & Company. Ask for Rudy Rivas.

Meet with at least 3 truly custom home builders and see who has ideas that match your concept and budget. A real custom home builder is very likely to build fewer than a dozen homes a year. Ask for references, ask to tour homes they've built. They can set that up with the current owner. A custom home builder is looking for a like-minded client just as much as a buyer is looking for a like-minded builder.

If you aren't sure where you want to build, let the home builder help you locate the right lot. They have access to more lots, in some cases, than we have listed in the MLS. Builder's have been known to buy lots from one another to ensure the right lot and home plan come together to satisfy the client's wishes.

All the best to you and let me know if we can be of any additional assistance.

Ronda Allen, Realtor
Certified Purchasing Manager
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs
The Keith Dobbs Team
Barbara Capo…, , Frisco DFW Metroplex
Mon Mar 9, 2009
You must do your Due Dilligence! You also might give yourself a little time. There were a few Excellent builder's that were Successful up until about 6 months ago! It was not the quality of there work! It was Economy! Give it a little time for the administration to get a chance to Make things Right! There was one Builder who did a lot of high end work! He had homes Sold, and the bank got scared. Called in all his loans! (which made no sense) He was Forclosed, and forced to go Bankrupt! and guess what? Banks never got there money! Who won?
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Jan 22, 2009
Starwood has some of the finest custom builders. References is key with all custom builders. You want to make sure that they will hang around to finish the job too. Doing due dilligence as you are doing is very important.

Axxium is one of my favorites. They have some beautiful mediterranean and some contemporary floorplans that they built in Starwood.

Pierce of course has been around for a long time and they have won award after award for the quality.

Zachary Custom Homes and Crescent Signature have generous sized homes.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
Web Reference:  http://www.SumnerRealty.com
Nora, Home Buyer, plano/frisco
Thu Jan 22, 2009
Thanks! I'm pretty picky about what I like and figured if I'm going to buy in the 1-1.25 mil range I should have everything I want and the way I want it. However, If resale is going for great prices I have to rethink this. My biggest fear is having a custom builder who takes > 9 months to finish a house that should have taken 6 months and keeps upping the costs for the home. The builders in Stonebriar country club and starwood reserve seem willing to work with my budget . There are still some great lots available in these neighborhoods. My gut tells me that starwood reserve is a better investment but the prices are so much lower in stonebriar country club that I need to get some idea of what local perception is of these neighborhoods. I will definitely hire a realtor when buying anything but am just getting my "feelers" out for what route I want to go in Frisco.
Terri Hayley, Other Pro, Dallas, TX
Thu Jan 22, 2009
Nora,

Great question! In these economic times, it's important to understand which builders are going to be in business in 6 months and who aren't. Who would've thought Sotherby would be gone as of December 08? I have a new home sales background, was Sales Counselor of the Year for my former company, and am extremely familiar with construction, new home builders mindsets, reputations of builders and such. We would be happy to be your advocate throughout whichever purchase ends up making the most sense for you.

Terri Hayley
terri dot h at kw dot com
The Hayley Group, Keller Williams
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Jan 22, 2009
It depends on qualified budget, keep in mind Frisco has had many foreclosed properties new construction. However never purchase a home direct from a builder unless you have a real estate agent represent you. We receive so many calls or emails ACROSS the country of buyers you did not have a realtor involved THEN its too late for assistance.

CONTACT OUR OFFICE TODAY
972-699-9111
Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
"...Specializing in Residential, Commercial Properties and Loans..."
Dallas Realtor -
The Michael Group "Dallas Business Journal 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer - Homewise Lending
Dallas Real Estate Office:(972) 699-9111
Dallas Real Estate Website: http://www.lynn911.com 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale
Mike Gonzalez, Agent, The Colony, TX
Thu Jan 22, 2009
I work with a small custom home builder that builds beautiful customized homes all around the Metroplex who will not outprice you out of the market. If you'd like more information please feel free to contact me directly. I would be happy to send you information about the homes they've built recently. Thanks.

Mike Gonzalez, REALTOR®
Listing Specialist / Buyer Representative
Keller Williams Dallas Northwest
(214) 783-4240 | MikeTX@kw.com