Rental market condition in Cape Coral, FL?

Asked by Cathy, Florida Sun Oct 23, 2011

Think about buy one house for rent, how is the rental mareket condition there? it seems there are million homes for rent, how easy to find a tenant?

Answers

16
Bonnie Miller…, Agent, Ft Myers, FL
Wed Jan 11, 2012
Hi Cathy
The rental market is very strong here. I have an excellent property management company that I use and they have been doing this type of work for 26 years here locally.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Bonnie Miller
239-229-1339
AJ Ackerman, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Nov 22, 2011
Its all about location and price. With the rental market increasing around 10% a year now, because of all the foreclosures and short sales. I would say its a great time to buy, hold, and rent. Then you will also see some capital gains. =) Be sure to look into vacation rentals also. I always suggest the higher end homes with a pool for that reason. Then you can also enjoy the home part of the year. =)

A.J. Ackerman
Web Reference:  http://ackermanswfl.com
Albert Baeza, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Nov 8, 2011
4 bedroom homes are golden,
Serving you is my priority .
Call for interview Al Baeza
239-233-5790
Carolyn Gian…, , Cape Coral, FL
Tue Nov 8, 2011
We have a program where we sell you a house, then find a tenant for you using different methods of advertising. We fully screen them and write the lease for free. If you want us to continue collecting rent and managing the property, we charge a fee, of course. We find that 3 bedrooms plus den or 4 bedrooms are the easiest to rent. Tile everywhere except maybe bedrooms is the most desirable. Also, nothing over 10 years old in age. It is a simple program but takes some work. We have no problem finding good qualified tenants.
The problem we are finding in Cape Coral right now is NO INVENTORY. Everything seems to have been bought up. Some older stuff that needs work is out there, but none of the buys from the last 12 months.
Justin Ruzic…, Agent, Greenville, SC
Fri Nov 4, 2011
rentals are strong for sure. here is more info on investments we help clients with. http://wp.me/P1MLJl-4x

we would be happy to help you find the right home, touch base with me. Thank you
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Mon Oct 24, 2011
I'd say strong.......to real strong.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.CapeCoral-Florida-RealEstate.com
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Mon Oct 24, 2011
Large numbers of people have short sold their home or been foreclosed on so they are not in a position to purchase at this time. This is putting a big demand on the rental market in Cape Coral. I have assisted several buyers this year purchasing homes to rent out and so far none of them have had any problem finding good tenants.

Terry McCarley, Jones & Co Realty
email: leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net
cell: 239-707-4575
Susan Burhoe, Agent, Matlacha, FL
Sun Oct 23, 2011
I have had mush success with rentals, particularly homes that are show that they are cared for.

It is important that the agency that you use is selective in their process. Many folks have been displaced during this economic time, and need a good home to live in while they wait for the opportunity to re enter the home ownership process. This allows for long term tenants, which I think is the best.

When you rent a property, the only thing that you have control over is whether or not the tenant stays, so you need to make sure that they will be the best tenants possible!
Danielle Sha…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Oct 23, 2011
I have helped over a dozen homeowners purchase property and rent them out in the past 15 months. My team has overseen everything from purchase to rehab to managing. If you would like to discuss details feel free to contact me.
Web Reference:  http://www.mysharphomes.com
Kevin Clouti…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Oct 23, 2011
Hi Cathy,

The first thing you need to do is find a buyer broker. Talk to several and pick the one you feel most comfortable working with. We all use the MLS, we all look in the MLS.

We are NOT all equal in ability, work ethics or treat this as a career and full time job.

Your gut will guide you then everything will work out fine for you.

Kevin Cloutier
Southern Premier Realty
1-877-840-3413
Jevin@kevincloutier.com
Web Reference:  http://www.Kevincloutier.com
Dorina Souma…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Oct 23, 2011
Hi, Cathy,
It's a great time to buy a house and then put it on the market for rent. It's the quality of the house and condition that makes the difference. There are quite a few for rent but many are in poor condition and need alot of work. Old appliances, dirty rugs and tile and poor lawn maintenance seem to be what many of the rentals are. If you purchase a house and rent it in good condition, you should have no problem finding a qualified tenant. Of course, do your background credit and criminal check. Many houses don't allow pets so that's something to consider as well. Rents will vary depending on number of bedrooms, size of house, whether there is a pool, age of house, and location.
I would love to work with you! I have lived in the Cape for over 24 years so I am very knowledgeable about the different areas and communities. Please feel free to email me or call anytime - I am available 7 days a week!
Dorina Soumastre
Century 21 Birchwood Realty
4040 Del Prado Blvd., Cape Coral, FL 33904
(239) 910-6485
., , Fort Myers, FL
Sun Oct 23, 2011
I work with a few investors and that is all they do when buying homes here, they clean them up and rent them. Most of the houses they buy from me is bought over the phone in South West Cape Coral, I go to the property check it out and tell them in my opinion if it is a good investment for what they buying it for. After closing they come down and clean them up, I help them find a qualified renter by doing a credit and background check. I usually have someone in place within two weeks. Good marketing is the key! My opinion there isn't enough pool homes in the South West for rent. I had a client this past week, everything they looked at was already pending! In South West Cape Coral my investors get $1350 per month for a pool home with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Without a pool 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms they will get $1000 - $1100 per month. One of my investors does vacation rentals and gets $900-$1200 a week during season!! If your looking for a experienced, trustworthy Realtor that would be me. (not to brag) I do have references also. Feel free to contact me anytime!!
Albert Baeza, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Oct 23, 2011
4 bedroom demand is high. Supply very low ,
I have a 4 bedroom with brand new pool coming to market Sw cape by Surfside and veterans this week,
Tenant in place 1375.00 inc salt pool clean svc
Call albert 239-233-5790 Fr more details 1752 sf living corner lot
Nancy Doyle, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Oct 23, 2011
Hi Cathy,
I helped my client do just the same thing you are thinking of. It was a 3/2 pool home and it took me two months to secure a tenant for them. Location and type of property is key. I would be happy to help you decide if it may be the right choice for you. I have two well qualified clients looking for a similar rental that I just rented out. Let me know if I can help.

Have a great day,
Nancy

Nancy Doyle
239-209-2237
nancy.doyle1@comcast.net
http://www.nancyd.listingbook.com
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Sun Oct 23, 2011
plenty of 3 bedroom, not as many 4 bedrooms available for rent. Plenty of folks still need rentals because of all the foreclosures and short sales. I would be happy to help you find a home to purchase and recomend a good property manager if you don't want to manage it yourself.
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
239-560-4159
Marge@MargeBennett.com
Anthony Cinc…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Oct 23, 2011
It really depends on the location and the type/quality of the property. There are several great opportunities in the area and I would be more than happy to help assist you in making a decision as to if the return on investment is at the level you desire and help you analyze the market.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have!

Respectfully,
Anthony Cincotti