Rental Property in Brentwood, CA (Contra Costa)

Asked by Mr.Boomba, Santa Clara, CA Sun Jul 29, 2012

Hi Professionals,

What are some of the good areas to buy residential rental properties in Brentwood, CA area? say, under $250k? My goal is cash flow with cash on cash return 8-10%. I'm planning to use a property management to manage the property. A good school district with convenience access would be good. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

2
James Tan’s answer
James Tan, Agent, elk grove, CA
Thu Aug 2, 2012
There are many areas in Brentwood which are good. I am sure you can still get properties below $250k, even under the present market conditions, where there are so many buyers and so little inventory.
However, if you want to reach a cash on cash return of 8% or more, you should probably look for other areas, such as Pittsburg or Antioch.

I would suggest to look for smaller single story older homes (1980s or older) in areas that do not have mello-roos. Then you should renovate the property, update the kitchen, bathrooms, etc. This way your yield can be higher and you should be able to achieve your objectives.

Call me if you have any further questions: 916-230-5250.
Lisa Cessaro…, , San Francisco, CA
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Mr Boomba,
As a Realtor that works and lives in Brentwood, there are many possibilities for homes in your price range. I would want you to know however, that we are experiencing multiple offers on many of these homes and also want to know if you are prepared to do some renovating...
Please contact me at 925-628-8669 to further discuss.
Thank You!
Lisa Cessaro Moore