Relocation to Frisco 75034, tx

Asked by Seeni, Frisco, TX Thu May 29, 2008

Need to take right decision. we are planning to reloacate from Irving to Frisco 75034. We heard few people commenting on basement issues in Frisco near the teel parkwy & lebanon, since it is closer to the lake, is that true.?please help us to make right solution.

Answers

11
Andrea Brooks, Agent, Plano, TX
Fri May 29, 2009
Seeni,

Is your Realtor not able to advise you about this? Please make sure that he/she explains the Seller's Disclosure which will indicate if the property has had foundation/water issues with the basement. The soil in this area is expansive and most foundations will have some form of settling or movement over time. Ground water shouldn't be an issue because the lake is far enough away, but there could still be drainage problems. If you're not working with a Realtor I would suggest that you reconsider - this is an important decision and you really will benefit from some professional guidance. Feel free to call if I can be of assistance.

Andrea Brooks
The Brooks Team, Keller Williams
469-450-1326
Web Reference:  http://BrooksTeam.com
Philip Alber, , 75034
Wed Dec 22, 2010
I have not had clients nor associates who have had problems in this area anymore than elsewhere in Texas. In fact I have been told by Foundation experts that if problems do occur here they are often easier and less expensive to repair in this area versus others. I personally live in this area and am an HOA President and personally know of none occurring in my developemnt of almost 600 homes. Any problems that exist should be reveled in the Sellers Disclosure. If you have a concern we can always have an inspection done prior to a purchase. I can get this done at little or no expense and would advise doing so for your peace of mind. Call me to discuss further or if you would like help in your search. Philip Alber (972) 632-7805.
Mark Chovan, , Frisco, TX
Thu May 14, 2009
Homes are not constructed with basements and most are slab foundations. The slab methodology is typically post tension foundations.

However, we have highly expansive soil here which can cause foundations to settle. There are several methods used to correct settling foundations.

I hope this helps, and if I can elaborate further let me know.
Barbara Capo…, , Frisco DFW Metroplex
Wed May 13, 2009
I haven't heard term of basement since I left East Coast. Is that really important to you? Any place near water I would not reccomend a basement. Even with pumps it can be a problem.
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Thu Mar 12, 2009
Interesting that you would mention it, because contrary to popular opinion, we do have a few basements in homes in that area. But, as noted - it is certainly not the norm for our area. Ground water issues aren't necessarily due to the lake - which is actually about 2 miles away from Teel and Lebanon. There can be a myriad of causes. The basements I know of are fairly small - one is actually a combination wine room and storm shelter. Pumps have to be installed as part of the construction, so the expense of digging into rock isn't the only issue. Equipment installation and maintenance is another. But, it can (and is) done in Frisco 75034.

Ronda Allen, Realtor
Certified Purchasing Manager
The Keith Dobbs Team at RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs
Cyndie Gawain, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 4, 2008
We do not have basements in that area. You should always be conserned about soil conditions in North Texas. If you have already found the home you want to purchase, have a structural engineer give you a report on your potential home to insure there are not isses with the foundation.
Mark Chovan, , Frisco, TX
Fri May 30, 2008
I do not think there are any home in this area with basements. There were some homes built too close to a greenbelt and had yard erosion problems. Also consider there are some areas in the Denton County that are in the Lewisville school district, if you have kids make note as you look.

The most important thing to consider with homes in our area it to water the perimeter of your home, to avoid contraction, and expansion of the soil. Foundation problems are more prevalent around here.
Web Reference:  http://www.bigdrelo.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri May 30, 2008
Seeni,

I have not heard of any problems, but basements are not very common in this area and in new homes. What are the issues you've heard about?
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
Alan Wynn, , Irving, TX
Fri May 30, 2008
Seeni,

I have sold two homes in the last three years with basements in McKinney...basically the same soil as Frisco. Both of these homes were built by Toll Brothers. Solid as a rock. But I believe you will find that the term basement might be open to interpretation. These homes, and most that I have seen with "basements" are actually tri-level homes with the basement being the bottom level of the three. A builder will typically build these homes into a hill so that the bottom level is dug into the hill at ground level and usually has a walk out feature directly to ground level.

These basement levels are built with interior piers that support the rest of the house and can be of varying sizes. The two that I sold had basements of almost 3,000 square feet and were really finished out to be completely separate living quarters with kitchen, full bath, bedroom, media room, etc.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to call or email if I can answer any additional questions.

Alan Wynn
Like NO ONE Else!
214.720.5582
info@DallasHousesOnTheWeb.com

Don't know the builder you are considering but I have to believe they have done their homework because they have to warranty the structure for 10 years.
Terri Hayley, Other Pro, Dallas, TX
Thu May 29, 2008
Seeni,

What do you mean about basement issue? Do you mean foundation issues? If that's what you mean, no, I've not heard anything about that. We do have very dynamic soil in Texas and it does shift. However, builders do soil reports, compaction ratios and all sorts of things to determine what they need to do to make the soil right before they start building on it. Secondly, they also know if they need to build a post tension foundation or pier on slab foundation depending upon the Engineer's report. If they didn't, they would have everyone unhappy with them, Realtors not taking their clients there, all kinds of press and publicity problems, etc.

Does this address your concern?

Best wishes,
Terri Hayley
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu May 29, 2008
No I have not heard anything a personal friend of mine owns a home in that area, one of the 1st home owners with Sotherby builder. I know the area extremely well there are some GREAT Frisco foreclosures for sale, I don't know your budget. We offer a Dallas home buyer rebate program earn up to 50% of our commissions. I have worked with some awesome builders in this area. Contact my office 972-699-9111. Keep in mind DON'T purchase a home unless you have a real estate agent working on your behalf, that includes builders, sellers, listing agents. I DON'T KNOW YOUR BUDGET I do know of home GREAT below market value, seller would love to move on.

Http://www.lynn911.com