Relocation from Arizona to North Carolina.. HELP!

Asked by chalk2010, Raleigh, NC Mon Feb 3, 2014

My family is relocating to the Raleigh area within the next 2 years and because Raleigh is so big, we don't know where to look. We have a 3 year old and want to be near good schools. We work from home so location isn't a problem. We have been looking in Cary, Wake Forest, Youngsville, and Holly Springs. Where do you suggest?

Answers

20
Louise Doing, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Tue Jun 24, 2014
All Wake County Schools are excellent and offer choices such as year round calendar and magnet programs. Something to fit every child and the way they learn. So, in order to make this important decision you need to see what kind of neighborhood or community works best for your family. I live in North Raleigh and enjoy a community where everyone lives on an acre lot, but is very convenient to shopping, restaurants and medical facilities. That's' not for everyone though if yard maintenance is not your favorite thing! You might be interested in a community that offers smaller lots with schools, shopping and movie theatre right in the neighborhood! If golf is your passion, lots of communities with golf and/or tennis and swim clubs. Message me if you come to town and I will be happy to show you around:)
Ernie Behrle, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Sun Feb 9, 2014
I lived in Tucson for 2 years while I was IBM. Not sure if this is your first move or not but you are certainly going to love it here. It's totally different than anywhere I saw in Arizona, but then Arizona is a very unique state. I've been here with my family since 1993 and all 3 of my offspring spent most of their educational years here and all graduated from high school locally. My daughter is currently working on her doctorate at NC State. When we moved here, schools were of uptmost importance to us and it was strongly recommended that we live within the Wake County system which includes Raleigh, Cary and several other neighboring towns. Schools are on a county wide system in this state and Wake County continues to rank at or near the top of all the school systems in North Carolina. All the areas you are looking in now are therefore good. Like Nila stated though, conditions & trends change from year to year, so projecting out 2 years from now can be tough. Even individual school ratings within the system can change so as you get closer to your move, even if you have made a decision in your mind now, continue to re evaluate . If I can be of any personal assistance to you, my contact info is to the right under my picture. I also invite you to check out my website shown below. I revamp my featured listings weekly and actually just spent the last 4 hours checking and updating my information pages, deleting some links and adding more. You'll find lots of information about the area on this site plus a great home search engine that includes demographics such as school locale..

Good luck with your search and move!!

Ernie
Northside Realty
Kim Thompson, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Sun Jun 22, 2014
Hi! That is a great question! As a real estate consultant, I recommend finding an agent that is the right fit for you and your family. He/She will help you locate the best area for your family and then you can zero in on finding the right house. Have you already visited the area? I would be happy to further talk with you about this to see if we would be a good team to work together.

I look forward to speaking with you!
Kim Thompson
Real Estate Consultant
Coldwell Banker- HPW
Dawn Anderson, Agent, Clayton, NC
Sat Jun 21, 2014
Not sure where you are with this search - and as I too moved to NC not knowing where to go and deliberating between schools - but also depending on whether you want traditional schools or year round schooling- Johnston County has traditional school year and some of the nicest homes can be found here- just right outside of Raleigh - taxes are a bit lower and you can get a little more bang for your buck- if you are still deciding where- I would love to tell you more about Johnston County or Clayton or anywhere in between. Best of luck!

Warm Regards,
Dawn Anderson
919-452-9379
JoAnn Knorr, Agent, Raleigh NC 27609, NC
Wed Feb 5, 2014
you may also check out my website
http://www.raleigh-property.com

JoAnn Knorr, broker
919-607-4869
Nila Maceda…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Wed Feb 5, 2014
That is way far behind. The market trends and conditions may change. And so does the housing and lending climate. For the meantime, explore the area from the comfort of your home by visiting our site at http://www.carolinamaxrealty.com. And go to the link Neighborhood. You may also try to check out and search for houses in the link Search Houses. Put in your price range and the location and other housing criteria you may have and viola! You will have an idea of what you can get. Your decision to move to Raleigh, NC is smart! Raleigh/Cary is recently voted as the No. 1 Place to live in US!!
Nila Maceda…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Where you live will depend on your life style. Email me your desires. Do you want to live somewhere close to the research triangle? Do you want a festive area? Do you want downtown where you can walk? Or do you prefer some place quiet away from everyone? Raleigh/ wake county is a big place and has all those lifestyles. Email me@ knorrj@hpw.com or call 919-607-4869
Tim Burrell, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Take a look at http://www.RaleighDurhamRelocation.com as it is full of the information you need.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Cary or North Raleigh, and as your planning so far ahead you should plan on making a couple of trips to the area in advance to check it out and start narrowing things down.
Angie Cole, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Love to chat with you more and give you direction! Give me a call 919-538-6477 or angie@acolerealty.com

Angie Cole
A Cole Realty
Keller Williams Preferred
Top "30 under 30" Realtors in the Country by Realtor Magazine in 2013
Web Reference:  http://Www.acolerealty.com
Mike Jaquish, Agent, Cary, NC
Mon Feb 3, 2014
"Work from Home" tells me you want excellent broadband internet access.
I suggest you be cautious about rural areas, if that is the case.

I'm curious why you have not looked in Apex, which is a great small town in the Triangle.
And, other than schools, what do you do when you are not working? Are recreational amenities important? Parks? Shopping for daily needs? Easy access to entertainment?
http://www.TriangleNeighborhoodProfiles.com
Web Reference:  http://www.RealtyArts.com
Chris Gorman, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Wake Forest is a great area in terms of community, schools, and property value. If you need assistance managing your relocation please contact me.

Chris Gorman
Buyer & Relocation Specialist
Linda Craft & Team Realtors
919-645-7212
ChrisG@Lindacraft.com
Caren Fried, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Feb 3, 2014
There are many different areas and lots of neighborhoods to sort out. I was in your same predicament three years ago when I relocated here. I can help you navigate through Raleigh and it's surrounding areas. Give me a call if you need anything. 919-964-0732
Warren Sumner, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Wake Forest is amazing. Great schools, close to the urban amenities of Raleigh, but retains an old time "small town" feel.
Thomas Bohlm…, Agent, Rolesville, NC
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Cary, Wake Forest, Youngsville or Archers Lodge ( east Clayton) and Leesville road area of Raleigh for schools.

Depending on your budget each are good areas.

Best of luck
Carla Freund, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Those are all great places. You may also want to check out Apex, NC.
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/best-places/2013/sna…
Dawn Anderson, Agent, Clayton, NC
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi! Sounds like my husband and me working from home and having good schools. (I have twin 5 yr old boys). If you can give me some more details if be happy to set up a search and even show you the area. I am in Clayton taxes are a bit lower and it's just outside of Raleigh. I would even suggest Louisburg or youngsville. But please call or text and I'll help you did a good starting point 919-452-9379. Danderson@advantagecb.com. Lol forward to helping you!
Stanton Homes, , Raleigh, NC
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Welcome! It's great that you can be so flexible with your location. All the above are good places to look, but you may also want to consider Chatham County/Pittsboro. It really depends on your budget, and the things that are important to you! Cary is the most central, but also the most expensive, of the areas you're looking at so far. Your dollar will buy less home/lot there. Prices have been driving up in Holly Springs with the advent of 540 and tons of new retail and businesses, but the affordability is definitely better than in Cary, about tied with Wake Forest. Youngsville is a little further out, but has the most affordability of your preferred regions. If you're looking for a home on an acre or more, Youngsville and Chatham County should be higher on your list. Best of luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.stantonhomes.com
Michael Newp…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hello and welcome to North Carolina ( in 2 years)! There are so many great areas here in the Triangle Area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), that it certainly can be a bit overwhelming if you're not too familiar with the area in general. There are some really great qualities and aspects of each area that you mentioned in Cary, Wake Forest, Youngsville, and Holly Springs. Ultimately it will be your decision on where you think the best area is for you and your family, but having a ready, willing, and able travel guide will be a great asset to you when exploring each area. I am more than happy to chat with you about your overall impressions and expectations for what you are looking for in not just a house...but a home.

Please feel free to give me a call at 919-747-1950 or email at michaelnewport@gorealty.biz with any questions to help get you started. Thanks so much!
Good way to start the process. I relocated from CA two years ago and learned a ton before and after the move. I would love to share my insight and help you. You may reach out to me at 919-886-7695. Best to you!
Flag Mon Feb 3, 2014