Relocating to the Seguin area at the end of the year.

Asked by Chris, Norfolk, VA Tue May 20, 2008

Looking for land with a fixer, close to I 10. What is the average per acre cost in that area..

Answers

9
Hugh, Both Buyer And Seller, 77381
Tue May 20, 2008
Is this answer from Dallas a canned one. I keep seeing it. The wording never changes. I have it already Lynn.
Joyce Wright, Agent, Seguin, TX
Wed Aug 17, 2011
Chris,
I relocated to Seguin from Virginia in 2000. The average cost per acre is @$8500 but can go higher depending on the area.. I have two properties w/acerage- one @10 AC. with 6000SF. metal building with water, electricity, and tall foldable doors. It also has a single-wide mobile home. Fully fenced. The other is on 8AC , has a great double-wide mobile home, and a gun range.
Check my profile for details. Call me at 830-481-0325 and I'll be happy to help.
Joyce Wright, Agent, Seguin, TX
Wed Aug 17, 2011
Chris,
Robert Stall…, , Seguin, TX
Thu Jul 21, 2011
Sadly not a lot there, really depends on what you want to spend.
Stephanie Ry…, , Seguin, TX
Wed Apr 20, 2011
It depends, which I am sure you are aware... Land near I-10 if zoned commercial is pretty expensive. I know of a manufactured home that has 5 acres and is priced at $169,555. Call me if you are interested in looking, would love to help! Stephanie Ryan, Karen McMillan Realtors
Web Reference:  http://www.karenmcmillan.com
Kristine Mcf…, , New Braunfels, TX
Sun Sep 7, 2008

I sell regularly in the Seguin area and land prices do vary. The main factor is whether the land is zoned or suitable for commercial use or residential. Other factors are whether it has utilities present or is just raw land. You can find some really nice land close to I-10 for about 12,000 per acre (all utilities present) . Or if you want to go a little further out you can find about 6.5 acres (without utilities) for about 8,000 per acre. Usually the larger the acreage, the less you pay per acre.

It really just depends on how the listing agent and seller have priced the property- some are priced well, some are overpriced, but the bargains go fast!

If you would like me to send listings from our local MLS contact me and I will be happy to send some or just check out my website, http://www.seguinforsale.com to search properties in Seguin!

-Kristine
Shelly Moore, Agent, luling, TX
Tue Aug 19, 2008
Land prices vary in this market depending on the location - I'm sure you've heard that before. If you are still interested in looking in the Seguin area please send me an email. I would be happy to help.

Shelly Barnes
shelly@lloydbarnes.com
Web Reference:  http://www.LloydBarnes.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue May 20, 2008
NOTE: Don't purchase a home from a builder, seller, or listing agent direct UNLESS you have your own real estate agent who is working on your behalf. You also need to be pre-approved for a loan in order to purchase a home.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Margaret T.…, Agent, Conroe, TX
Tue May 20, 2008
Chris,

It has been OOOHH so long since I lived in the Seguin area and I never practiced Real Estate in or near there. The brother of my best friends of over 20 years is a pastor in Seguin and there is a whole lot of moving going on there. I will be happy to find you some agents interview so you can start working.

Do be advised that in Texas the Brokers of the smaller counties do not all have to take out Madatory Continuing Education and some of the Brokers in Seguin will fall in that category, since this has been a requirement for quite some time most of the newer ones will take it and all of the Brokers in Bexar County (the San Antonio area) will. If you want the proper representation you will want a Broker that keeps up with the changing Real Estate Contracts and Laws in Texas.