Home Buying in Raleigh>Question Details

dashe121, Real Estate Pro in Clayton, NC

Relocating to or near Raleigh, NC

Asked by dashe121, Clayton, NC Mon Apr 8, 2013

My husband and I are thinking about relocating to NC. Do to the job market, we’d prefer to stay close to Raleigh, NC . We have a 2 year old son and baby number 2 on the way! We would like to locate to a family oriented neighborhood with great school systems and community growth. Any suggestions? We are looking at houses between 250-350K.

Thanks!

Answers

10
Skye Creech’s answer
Dashe121,

It says you are from Clayton NC, is this true? Can you tell me if you are wanting to stay on the east side of Raleigh to remain closer to family or friends? If so I would strongly recommend looking at Knightdale. I have sold quite a few homes in Knightdale the past year to good friends and they have been extremely happy. Close to shopping 440 and 540 beltline and just a 8-10 minute commute to downtown Raleigh with very little traffic in the morning or evening commutes. Also you get a much larger bang for your buck especially in the price range you have mentioned (at least my clients did).

Also I would look into some of the smaller older neighborhoods in and around downtown such as Oakwood or Mordecai. They would be in your price range as well and I can testify I trust the schools as my kids are attendees. Do let me know if I can be of any service to you and good luck with baby number two on the way!

Skye Creech
Blue Skye Realty
919 622-2469
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
Hi Skye,

Thank you for pointing that out. I am not located in Clayton, NC. We live right outside of Boston, MA and are very unfamiliar with this area. We would like to put our house on the market within the next 6 months and need as much information regarding this area as possible. With the job growth and housing prices, we believe Raleigh, NC is a great area for us, just unsure on where we would reside.

We would like to be no more than 30 mins from Raleigh and care more about the neighborhood and the school district. Our children are young, but we want to make sure we make the right investment and stay for a long time. I would like to have hardwood floors throughout the main living area and a house that required little remodeling.

Thanks!
Dashe'
Flag Mon Apr 8, 2013
This is great! Get pre-approved so you can make a strong offer quickly as the kind of homes you are looking for are selling very fast! Many buyers are looking for great neighborhoods that kids can have pool, tennis, etc to get busy and be in teams to play sports... if this sounds like what you would like look at Long Lake Park, Dominion Park and Harrington Grove, great areas, wonderful schools and many things to do in the area including parks, walking trails, etc.
I would love to help you!
Irina Bennett
Realtor/Broker at REMAX One Realty
ABR - Acredited Buyer Representative
CNE - Certified Negotiations Expert
CRRS - Certified Residential Relocation Specialist
America's Best Agents member
New Construction Specialist
Real Estate Innovator Award
TREIA - Triangle Real Estate Investors Association member
17 Years of experience in the Triangle Real Estate!
Let's talk about Land-Investment-Commercial-New and Green Homes-Real Estate Foreclosures and Shortsales
To search for NC homes, go to:
http://www.TriangleHomeOwner.com
To search for homes anywhere in the World, go to:
http://www.Remax.net
Cell: 919 868-1040
E-Fax: 919 800-3129
E-mail: info@Trianglehomeowner.com
I moved here in 1993 with my family and had the same questions you did..... with schools being among the top on our list. What I would tell you is you don't necessarily have to have a Raleigh address but would definately tell as we were told to look in Wake County. With that said, you are looking at towns like Cary, Wake Forest, Raleigh, Knightdale and several others.
If you take the time to visit my website at http://www.RaleighHomeSite.com, there are links to all of these areas plus links to the public school system which in this area is county wide. In your price range, there is a good selection of homes to look at , both new construction and resale, and it will come down to how much of a commute you want for work and any other amenities like YMCA's, recreational activities, etc. Most of the neighborhoods here are PUD's ( Planned Unit Developments) some with many amenities and some with few. Just depends upon what you want.

Please contact me if I can be of any personal assistance to you!!

Ernie
Northside Realty
919-795-5447
Morrisville has a lot of nice new neighborhoods (Twin Lakes is one with a great pool, clubhouse and very convenient to I-40 (you do not have to get on the 540 toll road). You can see all the listings there on my website.
Also, don't rule out Durham based on past bad press (which a lot of people do); the area near Southpoint Mall also has easy access to I-40.
You can check out shcool report cards at http://www.ncschoolreportcard.org/src.
I've got a 4 bed, 2400sf, new carpet, new paint, hardwoods, granite, tile, fenced yard, screened in deck, in your price range in Leesville and Sycamore Creek schools, just off I-540 and Leesville Rd in North Raleigh.. Close to everything. I'm a 26 year area resident. Call me if you want to see it - 919-870-2999. Preview here: http://www.scalvert.com - check Wake County Schools for 2013-14.
Come on down the weathers fine! Call me if you would like any guidance. I have lived in downtown Raleigh for 5 years now, I am also an original Raleigh native with a great wrap on things. I would love to help you with your transition!
(919) 669-0759

I would check out Renaissance Park. That is a Raleigh jewel, lots of young families walking around on all their sidewalks, and right in your price range. New build too. I have sold a couple houses in there and can help you with that process. Hope to speak with you soon!

I think the Triangle would be wonderful for a growing family like yours. Many of my current clients are in same situation as you are; young family, and relocating to the area. I have a few communities in mind as well as some points to consider. Please give me a call at (919) 627.8087 to discuss further. I would love to be the first to welcome you to the Triangle!

/Mark
Hi there,
Congrats on the new additon to the family !! I would be more than happy to help you in selecting an expert real estate professional to assist with your search. Sincerely
Aaron - movement mortgage
919-614-5626

You have selected a great area. I would be happy to assist you and your family with your home search. Please call or contact me here through Truila. 919-610-1585.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Melissa
I'd love to help you explore the area! There are MANY neighborhoods in Raleigh and the surrounding communites that would be great to explore and in that price range. Please feel free to give me a call or email me.

Leesa