Smiller1209, Home Buyer in Wake Forest, NC

Relocating to Wake Forest with middle school age child and was wondering if there are swim teams in the area?

Asked by Smiller1209, Wake Forest, NC Mon Feb 4, 2013

Answers

2
Dan Della Ro…, Agent, Wake Forest, NC
Fri Feb 8, 2013
You are making a great move! We moved here with our two children, both of whom are swimmers, and are now 13 & 15. After much research, we had them try out for YOTA (YMCA of the Triangle) and both made the Kerr YMCA team. We have found the program to be excellent! The coaches really care about their athletes and are top-notch. The Kerr coaches were top college swimmers in their day and have alot of experience coaching kids. Let me know if I can give you any more details about YOTA or connect you with the head coach at the Kerr Y. Since I'm somewhat biased in my opinion, you might want to look at MOR (Marlins of Raleigh) and the newly formed Granite Falls team (granitefallsmakos.com) to see what theyhave to offer. Again, if I can help feel free to email me at dan.dellarova@allentate.com
Heather Layne, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Hello! I live in Wake Forest, have a middle schooler, and am a real estate broker in the area. There are quite a few swim teams in the area, swimming is quite a popular sport among the local kids! You can join a swim team in your neighborhood: examples of these are Heritage Wake Forest, Granite Falls (Rolesville), Wakefield. Most larger neighborhoods that have a community pool will also have a swim team.

If your kids are looking for something more competitive and year-round, YMCA of the Triangle has a branch in Wake Forest, Kerr YMCA, and they host the YOTA swim team. You can check them out at yota.ymcatriangle.org. There are also private swim clubs in the Triangle but they are further from Wake Forest.

If you have further questions or would like more specific info, please feel free to email me at hlayne@fmrealty.com.

Good luck on your move to our beautiful area!!

Heather Layne