Relocating to Orlando from S.Florida. interested in purchasing,

Asked by , Orlando, FL Mon Jun 30, 2008

I am a 27yr old professional relocating to Orlando from S.Florida. I am interested in purchasing, but I don't have much knowledge about the area, and need some advice on location. I would like to be close to the orlando watersports complex, and in quickest access to the beaches, nightlife.

Answers

10
Barbara Vance, , orlando- windermere vicinity
Mon Jun 30, 2008

I think you wrote about the water sports complex, (not theme parks or water parks!) which if you mean where the olympic trials were, then the east side, or davenport (polk county) is too far --not only in mileage but in time. If you plan to work out at the complex on a regular basis, and you need to be within 15 minutes or less, you can should consider the 32819, 32836 (part of) and the 32835 and 34786( part of) ,

There is a newer neighborhood called Toscana that is within 5 minutes and the homes come with a lot of amenities. There are large townhomes as well. Pricing starting in the high 200's. Therre are less costly townhomes nearby as well. Single family older homes (but nice!) start in the low two's.

Nightlife is close by....lots of it! Beaches are about a 30 minute drive on the "beachline" with access close by.

You will still find that you can get more for your money here than in most areas of Broward, Palm Beach and Dade counties.

Hope this helps!

Barbara Vance
321.293.0701 (direct line)
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Jul 6, 2008
Hi Nate,

Hey, plan a weekend get away for the expressed purpose of collecting information about your new destination. Schedule a couple of meetings with agents just to pick their brains about the location and areas that might be suitable for you.

The purpose of this get away is not to buy a home but to get to know the area and what it has to offer. After making a couple of these you might be ready to start focusing on your target areas and where the best deals are.

The "Eckler Team"
Matthew, , 32757
Wed Jul 2, 2008
I believe that Barbara gave you some good information.
L. Morrill, Home Seller, 32837
Wed Jul 2, 2008
I can highly recommend the Southchase/Kempton Park area of South Orlando, FL zip 32837. We are conviently located just 15 min from the parks, I-Drive nightlife and the airport and conviently close to shops etc - we are just 30 minutes from Cocoa Beach. I have lived there for nearly 8 years and I am a for sale by owner home seller who is only moving to relocate near my work. I would be happy to show you our 4 bedroom/ 2 bath/ 2 car garage home priced at $250,000 neg. If you want more details on the home, please visit our website at https://www.forsalebyowner.com/21181862 If you are interested in a showing, please call Linda at 407-301-3687
Matthew, , 32757
Tue Jul 1, 2008
Lake Mary would be wonderful for a number of reasons as well as Longwood, Alaqua, and Altamonte Springs. Winter Springs is nice but not as accesable. Sanford is also a good choice, anything in the Forest Park secton off of SR 46. meverett@stirlingsir.com, or 3520573-9610 all within 40 minutes if the beach and within 10 minutes of the watresports park, I assume you mean Cranes Roost.
Rick Aguirre, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Jun 30, 2008
natedgreat_usmc.
Here is link on Mapquest that illustrates central
Florida relative to Disney World and the Water parks. Orlando is about 45-mins to an hour from the beaches Cocoa and Titusville. and Cape Canaveral.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?state=FL&cat=disney+world
The Orlando Watersports complex is just off of I-4 about 5-10mins from Downtown.
My suggestion is to get a map and go exploring. Get to know the area and the best way is to google stuff and get on the road. ( I know gas is expensive but buying a home in an area you might not like is more expensive).
Do what you are doing by asking here on this site. My colleagues and I are glad to help.
Rick.
Steve Javier, , Orlando, FL
Mon Jun 30, 2008
I go to the beach almost every weekend, I am on the east side of Orlando, so...everything is within a 15 to 30 minute drive. Plus you have the airport just a short drive away, just in case you want to fly to any other beaches (Conzumel, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, The Caribbean)
Let me know if I can help.
Steve
Robert Fall…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Sounds to me like the East side of Orlando would be a good fit for you. You didn't state a price range. but homes in the Waterford Lakes area are very reasonable at the present time. The beaches would be approximately 45 minutes to the East and the nightlife would be Downtown and about 20 minutes to the west. The Airport is very close and it might take you 30 minutes to get to the Theme parks.

Bob

http://www.BobsOrlandoHomes.com
Condo Metrop…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Kissimmee or Davenport would be your closest to the water parks - but I imagine you'd want to avoid that like the plague. Depending on how much you'd like to spend, I'd think that some of the downtown condos might suit you better - take Solaire for example, which has some great deals right now. If you don't like downtown, then MetroWest might appeal to you. Either way, you're only 20 minutes away from all the fun. Check out our site below... you'll find just about everything you'd need to know about Orlando - and relocation. Best of luck, and don't hesitate to contact us with any questions, including what's going on at Solaire and other downtown condos.
Greg Traub, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Jun 30, 2008
What type of price range where you looking to stay within?

I'm originally from S. FL as well, and the area around here that seems most like home is Dr. Phillips, that has easy access to the 528 that will take you directly to the watersports complex, and if you keep following the 528 you will eventually hit cocoa. Also easy access to I-4 if you wanted to go the other way to west coast beaches.

The night life can be found several places. Mostly Downtown Orlando which would be the most central place to live, but there are also clubs and lots to do in City Walk (just North of Dr. Phillips) or Downtown Disney.

Dr. Phillips can get pricey for a Single family home though. East Orlando would put you closer to the beach and close to alot of the younger crowd here around UCF, but no real night life other than house parties in the immediate area....most will go downtown. Homes are also less expensive in this area. If you wanted to consider downtown, there are several condo's ranging in price from the low 100's to the millions, as well as several homes you may consider in Thornton park. The downtown condo market is a mess though, so there are deals to be found everywhere, but the market downtown will most likely stay pretty soft for some time to come.
Web Reference:  http://www.gregtraub.com