Relocating to Nevada in a few months. We are looking for some advice on where to buy around Las Vegas in a family friendly community.

Asked by Jennifer Cook, Las Vegas, NV Thu Dec 20, 2012

Answers

12
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Jan 24, 2013
I don't know if you're still looking at new answers since you asked your question a little over a month ago, but I have a property in Henderson, 1 story with a pool, I think our current buyer is going to back out due to their own financial issues. It is a short sale, pricing is going to be in the $140-160K range.

If this interests you at all just call or email me.

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk about this further, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
Short Sale Specialist - 100% success rate
Also licensed in Las Vegas
Andrew Lunsf…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Jennifer,

I would be happy to discuss your needs by phone. I relocated to Las Vegas 9 years ago from Virginia. It's a great place to live.

Legally a REALTOR can advise you where the "family friendly" area's would be. This is called "steering".

If you can contact me and review what you are looking for in a home I would be happy to assist you with any needs at no obligation.

There are a few web sites you can check for crime stat's etc.

I also think if you do a general search of the internet and type in Las Vegas communities most will help provide the information you are looking to find.

If you would like to reach me:

Andrew Lunsford
Exit Las Vegas Realty Center
http://www.hesells4youlasvegas.com
702-415-4819

Anne Coming, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Jan 23, 2013
It's me again Jennifer. Have you chosen an agent?
Web Reference:  http://YourVegasHome.com
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jan 16, 2013
I understand you may be interested in purchasing real estate in Las Vegas? If so, my wife and I specialize in Foreclosures, REO Bank Owned, Distress sales. We’ve been in Vegas since 1976 and in the real estate business since 1985. If you are an investor, we currently manage just over 350 properties for our clients. We specialize in working with buyers/investors and relocation services so if you would like some help, please let us know what you're looking for. I also have a background in rehab/remodeling so if any property you're interested needs repairs, I can tell you how much it will cost and assist in getting it taken care of for you. This gives us the ability to help you with every aspect of your real estate transaction. If you're an investor, we offer property management at 8% of rental amount. Thanks, Matt and Kim

Matthew & Kim D’Ercole
Prominent Realty Group, LLC
Buyer / Seller / Property Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com
Anne Coming, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Hi Jennifer,

I am an experienced Broker Associate for RE/MAX. My specialty is Relocation. I'd like to talk with you about the scheduling of your move, where you'll work, your families educational and other needs, and everyone's interests. We'd discuss in detail the type of home you'd like to own, as well as the finance of the purchase. Then, I'd consult with you about the benefits of various locations around the Las Vegas Valley. By the way, I am a Green Designated Agent, so consider purchasing an Energy Efficient Home so you can live comfortably, save money and "do your part". Please take a minute to review my clients recommendations about me, located on this website. You may also wish to visit my website to learn more about the Community.
Web Reference:  http://www.YourVegasHome.com
Lynn Ford, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Jan 11, 2013
Hi Jennifer,

I am a licensed realtor specializing in master planned communities. I have two kids; both teenagers, educated in Las Vegas, one attending private school and one who just transitioned out of the magnet program into the straight public system. Clark County School District has a new ranking system for schools. If you google clark county school district school rankings and elementary or whichever level you need, there you will see how the schools rank, then where they are located if schools are a driving force for you; which likely it is, and go from there. There are great family friendly communities in many areas here that host wonderful activities for kids and families inclusive of the summer months. Aliante is a great family friendly community and there are a couple of public schools that rank on par with magnet schools, and the great thing is, your kid (s) would just be zoned to attend that school; no admissions process and they will attend school with kids living right in their community, creating friendships and developing potential life long bonds. It is very important to start the process now if you have school age kids and would like the option of magnet or private schools, as many end their preliminary admissions process by March. If not, this information can definitely assist your in determining where you may want to be.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Lynn Ford
Wardley Real Estate - Summerlin
lford4homes@gmail.com
findaliantehomes.com
(702) 499-7307
Suet, Both Buyer And Seller, North Las Vegas, NV
Wed Jan 2, 2013
Check out Aliante! This is in an excellent section of North Las Vegas. The schools are highly rated, there are family friendly parks, walking/biking trails, and easy access to shopping and the highway. We relocated about 15 months ago, researching for more than a year as to where we wanted to move. Aliante was our final stop. Bought a beautiful, affordable home in a quiet area. No crazy congestion like I found in other parts of Vegas.
There are many family friendly activities in the community, from movie night at the park during the summer, as well as a fall festival and the winter tree lighting at one of the close parks. Aliante has its own library, a casino that also happens to have a huge movie complex as well as good dining. There is shopping close by, from Costco, Target, Wal-Mart, several grocery store choices. We are very close to the 215 beltway, which is a quick connector to any of the other highways.
I would suggest you find a buyers agent and speak with him/her about your must haves and desires. The idea that you can find what you want in an open house is unlikely, there are very few open houses anymore, and you will need to get a feeling of neighborhoods as opposed to a specific home to narrow down your search. The buyers agent will be instrumental in assisting you narrow down that list and help you to understand the unique Las Vegas market. They can put all your parameters into a search for you and send all the properties that fulfill your desires into your email inbox daily! Good Luck!
thank you for the information!! i will check out Aliante
Flag Wed Jan 2, 2013
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Hi, Jennifer. Almost any community 10 miles from "the Strip" will be family friendly. Of course, how much you can afford, will determine where to start looking. May I suggest driving to Sunday open houses in different Las Vegas areas and get a feel for what you consider family friendly and ask lots of questions at the open house.

David Cooper Investor in Foreclosure Deals
http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
Dean Decker, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Jennifer,

My first questions to anyone moving to the valley is what is the most important thing you wish to accomplish with this transition. This usually leads to the most critical details that will end up deciding what area you want to live in, as well as giving us some details about the specifications your home will need.

My children both went to magnet schools here in Las Vegas and both are highly rated nationally. There are many areas that would be considered more conducive to family life, we just need to delve into your wants and needs to narrow down what is a good fit.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dean Decker
Denny Hebibo…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Hi Jennifer,

you can contact me directly below and I'll be glad to assist you in your real estate needs.
I'd like to know about how many bedrooms will be needed, 1 or 2 story Homes, size, price,
(non) gated community, gurad gated community, amenities, schools, which is very importend...
Many factors are obviously unknown so, please feel free to contact me with your wishes, needs
and all your criterias, etc.
I'm also a family person, for intance, I live in a guard gated community with lots of amenities,
great for kids... pools, fitness, clubhouse and many other advantages buyers can use...*!

Below is my contact info, Jennifer and wish you all the best, good luck! Happy Holidays*!

DENNY HEBIBOVICH - REALTOR
REALTY ONE GROUP, INC.
8363 W SUNSET RD #100
LAS VEGAS, NV 89113
CELL: 702-241-6110
EMAIL: Denny@PropertiesofLasVegas.com
WEB: http://www.PropertiesofLasVegas.com
WEB: http://awp208099.las.mlxchange.com
A. Ron Evang…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Jennifer: That answer lies in a number of questions that need to be answered. For example, will you be working in Las Vegas & where is that work located? Are you needing a good school district for your children? What do you enjoy doing for pleasure? Are you outdoor people? etc. I'm happy to make learned suggestions after we have a face to face discussion. I have done this for many!
Ron
I am actually living in Boston, MA right now. Relocating in March. We are looking at Henderson as of now, but trying to narrow down some specific neighborhoods or any areas to stay away from. We have a 6 month old and we are outdoor people. Looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom home with a pool and some land for our dog.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Flag Thu Dec 20, 2012
Myra Gouger, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Dec 20, 2012
There are many family friendly communities all over Las Vegas and Henderson. To start: make a list of what you are looking for: pricerange, schools, proximity to places or worship, parks, nearness to freeways, nearness to airport, proximity to shopping malls, etc. When you finish your list, then contact an agent and they can suggest many neighborhoods that meet your criteria.