Relocating to Bradenton/Lakewood Ranch area

Asked by Jennifer, Sun May 19, 2013

We are a family of 5 (1 year old twins and 4 yo) and are looking to relocate into lakewood ranch. Any suggestions for neighborhoods within Lakewood that would be family friendly to smaller children? We would also like a larger home (4-5 bedrooms) in the 400-600K range. Thank you for any advice.

Answers

10
Adam Miller, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Fri Aug 22, 2014
Hi Jennifer,

My name is Adam Miller with Keller Williams Realty Select in Lakewood Ranch. Please feel free to visit my website: LakewoodRanchLiving.com You can search for homes and find a ton of great information on the area,, schools and fun things to do in the area. If you have any specific questions I can answer, please do not hesitate to give me a call. (941) 350-0151 Thank you Adam
http://www.lakewoodranchliving.com/cp/lakewood-ranch/
Chrissy Brah…, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Thu Aug 21, 2014

It’s been over a year. How did you find the advice online about where to look? Where did you end up? Being a longtime Lakewood Ranch Resident and Real Estate Agent, if I saw this question earlier, I would have recommended Greenbrook Village or Central Park because of your kids. These areas are more tailored to a family environment like you were looking for. Plus they offer great resale value as more and more families are moving to the area. Both Greenbrook Village and Central Park are situated within walking distance of A-rated elementary schools and as such, are really geared toward families with the amenities located within each of the villages, such as the parks and playgrounds.

http://forsale.regaltouchrealty.com/i/greenbrook-village-hom…

http://forsale.regaltouchrealty.com/i/central-park-homes-for…
Adam Miller, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Wed May 21, 2014
Hello Jennifer,
Lakewood Ranch is a magnificent area and very family friendly. There is a wealth of information available at LakewoodRanchLiving.com Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

http://www.lakewoodranchliving.com/listings/propertytype/SIN…
Cynthia Beve…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun Apr 13, 2014
Lakewood Ranch is a beautiful and appropriate community that caters to families with small children. The school system within the community has been rated as A+ and the amenities are fabulous.

Country Club and Country Club East neighborhoods are within this size and price range.

There are many Pools and Nature Trails and Outdoor Activities including The Polo Club and events on Main St. to entertain both parents and children.

We have a wonderful Cinema, many delicious restaurants from Ice Cream to Italian cuisine and great shopping all withing a short distance from the Gorgeous Homes this area.

I would love to give you even more specific information and I can also schedule a personal preview of the area.

I look forward to showing you all that Lakewood Ranch has to offer.

Call me today to schedule your complimentary preview at 941-404-5836

Thanks!
Scott Fisher, Agent, 34236, FL
Tue Jan 28, 2014
Jennifer:
You can't go wrong with LWR! Its a bit overwhelming at first, considering its larger than Disneyland. Their is a wonderful mix of brand new homes and newer homes! Our office
has a title company and Mortgage company under one roof to simplify things.
We have 3 children as well, looking forward to meeting you!
Warm Regards,

Scott Fisher
Realtor/Lakewood Ranch Office
Michael Saunders and Company
8325 Lakewood Ranch Blvd.
Lakewood Ranch,Fl. 34202
ScottFisher@michaelsaunders.com
Karen Schwar…, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Mon May 20, 2013
Congratulations on your upcoming move - you have made a wonderful choice in Lakewood Ranch! I live in Greenbrook, where there are many 4+ bedroom floor plans in your chosen price range. I would NOT recommend that you rent first due to the rapidly changing marketplace for both real estate and mortgage financing. You could face significantly higher costs of ownership if you rented for a year and then chose to purchase. Our market here in Lakewood Ranch can't really be compared to other neighborhoods - with all its convenient amenities and proximity to the Interstate and E-W arteries for getting around, it really can't be beat!

The key to being a successful buyer in Lakewood Ranch, in your price range, is to be PREPARED! All your ducks must be lined up and ready to roll before you fall in love with a house. Because of supply and demand issues here, you will likely be in a multiple offer situation on a home that has been on the market less than 4 weeks...that is just the reality of our market today. The best prepared buyer will WIN when others lose because of lack of preparation or lack of an experienced agent.

I wish you all the very best and look forward to calling you 'neighbor!'

Thanks and take care,
Karen Schwartz, Broker-Owner
Prime Residential Brokers, Inc.
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
941-730-3550
KarenSellsSRQ@aol.com
Web Reference:  http://www.KarenSellsSRQ.com
Bob Bronston, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Mon May 20, 2013
Hi Jennifer,
Four and five bedroom houses aren't exactly rare LWR but they aren't the norm, either, especially in areas where you are likely to find younger families. Two areas of Lakewood Ranch you might want to focus on are Greenbrook and Central Park. Both communities have a good demographic mix but both have elementary schools VERY close by and were/are marketed to families like yours. Full disclosure--I have a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 3 car garage, pool, etc. listing in Central Park now for $479.9K.
http://www.trulia.com/property/3108280942-12044-Longview-Lak…
Adam Waxler, Agent, Nokomis, FL
Mon May 20, 2013
Hi Jennifer,

My wife, son and I relocated to the Lakewood Ranch area about 8 years ago (from NY) and consider it the best decision of our lives. Very family friendly with lots of kids activities and great schools. With that said, I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone who is thinking about relocating to this area...RENT FIRST. By renting for a year YOU will get to know the place... which neighborhoods YOU prefer, which schools YOU prefer etc. Then, when it comes time to buy you won't just be buying "any" house, you'll be buying the "right" house. Many people consider renting to be throwing money away, but I disagree...I consider it an investment in finding the perfect home for your family. My company handles both rentals and sales and we would be happy to help you with either. Simply give me a call at 941-465-9206 and I can go over the pros and cons of each.

Good Luck,
Adam Waxler
Broker/Owner
uKeepCommission Real Estate
Cedric Vique…, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Mon May 20, 2013
Hi Jennifer,
Lakewood Ranch is a wonderful community. Lots of activities for children and a+ schools. I would love to send you different options for
Your family. Please contact me at 941-363-1242. Thank you for your inquiry.
Cedric Viquerat
Lakewood Ranch Resident.
Pat Lyon, Agent, Lakewood Ranch, FL
Mon May 20, 2013
Lakewood Ranch itself is a diverse community. I would imagine that neighborhoods/streets with larger 4 to 5 bedroom homes will tend to have more families residing. Nevertheless, using a quick search with the few parameters you gave there are 10 properties currently on the market in Lakewood Ranch. Seven are 4 bedroom amd 3 are 5 bedroom. They are found in in 5 different Lakewood Ranch neighborhoods. I would be happy to tour all of LWR and these neighborhoods specifically with you to help you see for yourself. Randy or Pat, Keller Williams 941-228-6448