Relocating and would like to know of a good area to look in

Asked by Kristi Velasquez, Albuquerque, NM Sun Mar 24, 2013

Hi all! My family is being relocated to Spokane in June/July, as my husband is in the military. I would like to know of good areas or neighborhoods for our family to look for housing in. Thank you so much!

Answers

14
Janet Robel’s answer
Janet Robel, Broker, Spokane, WA
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Hi Kristi!

Is your husband in the Air Force, or the Navy? If he will be stationed at Fairchild, you might look in Cheney or the West Plains. If he is in the Navy, you might look in the northwest areas of Shadle and Audobon. Purchase prices in these areas range from the low $100's on up.

The south hill is a popular area and features some of the most coveted schools, including Hutton and Jefferson elementary schools, Sacagawea middle school, and Lewis and Clark high schools. The Mead school district also has an excellent reputation but you would have a longer commute.

I live in Shadle and find it affordable, safe and convenient to all areas of Spokane.

For more information on Spokane, please check out our Chamber of Commerce:

http://www.greaterspokane.org/.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and best of luck! It is beautiful here!

Janet
Lara McHenry, Agent, Spokane, WA
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Hope you received the information you were seeking! I would also be happy to send you a relocation packet loaded with local information, and facts. Please email me or let me know how I can help you. Very Best,
Lara
lara@cbspokane.net
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Check out Trulia's "Local Info" Tab at the top, full of great info on different areas.
Aaron Impeco…, , Spokane, WA
Mon Mar 25, 2013
try some of these zip codes or search by school zones, I will give you the best areas in my opinion for your family, 99026,99208,99005,99004,99006,99223, any school in Mead School district, Ferris High School (dist 81), University High School (dist 81), and any elementry or middle school around those perticular areas. look me up if you need more info, good luck and welcome to Spokane!
Sophie Dufra…, Agent, Spokane, WA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Hi Kristi, I would like to thank your husband for his service first of all. I am actually in Santa Fe right now getting together with my family and friends since I lived here 3 years. Flying back tomorrow, butI still love it. I hope I can
show you different areas in Spokane to choose from. At Soleil Real Estate > the fastest growing
Independent Broker Real estate firm in Spokane we have inhouse loanofficers that can help you getting financing. One Stop Shopping. Be happy to help you if you can give me some more information about what you are looking for. My email: SophieSellsSpokane@yahoo.com
Kindly,
Sophie
Rick Monaghan, Agent, Spokane Valley, WA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Hello Kristi,

Spokane has so much to offer it's hard to pin down one area. Coming from Albuquerque though, and not knowing if you have done much driving in winter weather, it might be a good idea to be close to where your husband works. If you have winter driving experience, then there are many different areas to consider depending on what your family enjoys the most.

You might want to consider the area you move into, for resale value, just in case you get orders to move again down the road.

I have lived here all my life and am confident we would be able to help you find the right home and neighborhood to fit your needs. You can always reach me by cell or text at (509) 993-7761and search all you want for homes on my website: http://www.ricksviprealestate.com

Oh, by the way, are you looking to buy a house or rent?

Wishing you all the best!

Rick Monaghan
Choice Realty
Ronda Deakins, Agent, Spokane, WA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
First of all thank your husband for his service to our country ..it is appreciated. I think you will love Spokane as it has lots of great neighborhoods. I have lived in Spokane for 60 years and been an agent for 27 years so I am very familiar with the schools and neighborhoods. As a VA buyer you have great loan options available to you also. Also if you are wanting to rent a home I would love to speak to you to discuss your preferences.
Jeannette Ka…, Agent, Spokane Valley, WA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Hello

First I would like to thank your husband for his service. I PCS'd to Fairchild with my USAF husband and we have now retired here. I have been selling real estate in Spokane since 1994 so I have seen both sides of your situation. The prime motivator may be a particular school or the commute time from the base in determining where you will be looking for a home. The answers to other q's may also focus you on certain areas, are you interested in acreage or living in a development? Looking for newer construction or remodeled or do vintage homes interest you more? With this info you will find that only certain areas can offer what you need. I typically suggest that military buyers consider a good enough home that has great resaleability as most often you will be moving on the governments time frame rather than your own and to protect your finances this can be am important consideration. I am passionate about real estate and enjoy going the extra mile for military families. Check out the my website for more info
DJ Johnson, Agent, Spokane, WA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Hi Kristi,

Been working with Military families and USAA for years and would love to help.
Give me a call and I can find out more of your needs to better help you with.
I am with Coldwell Banker and my phone # is 509-869-5181
DJ Johnson, Agent, Spokane, WA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Hi Kristi,

DJ Johnson, Agent, Spokane, WA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
HI Kristi,

Been working with the military families and USAA for years. Would love to help in any way I can.
DJ Johnson with Coldwell Banker . 509-869-5181.
Navigator No…, Agent, Spokane, WA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
There are many great areas around Spokane to look in. Most of the military families that I sell homes to decide to live in Airway heights. There are some great affordable homes there, it is just minutes from the base, and only about 10-15 minutes to downtown Spokane. I have a free website that will show you all the homes around Spokane so you can do some searching and get a feel for values in different areas. If you cut and paste the following into your browser, it will show you all the homes in Airway Heights. http://searchspokanehomes.buyandsellspokane.com/listings/are…

Many people that move to Spokane are attracted to the South Hill for its unique turn-of-the-century homes, tree lined street, great schools, and all around great community.

I work with many military families in helping them get situated here in Spokane and I would love to help you and your family out. Feel free to check out all the positive feedback my clients have left on this site. You are welcome to call me at (509) 893-2001 or check out my website at http://www.SearchSpokaneHomes.com.

I am looking forward to helping you!

Marc Nilson
Lara McHenry, Agent, Spokane, WA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
I have been helping relocating military families for years. Please call me to discuss what other military people have chosen and to ask any question you'd like! I'm pleased to help! I also work with usaa
Lara Mchenry
509-995-0074
Kristina Bar…, Agent, Spokane, WA
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Hi Kristi,

Welcome to Spokane! There are lots of different neighborhoods in this area that would be worth exploring so it depends on what you're looking for in a community.

If you like to walk to parks, shopping and restaurants and love older homes, the South Hill would be a great place to start.

If you love beautiful views and being close to a lake and golf courses, than Liberty Lake would be a wonderful place to look into.

If you'd like to be close to Fairchild AFB than there are some nice newer construction neighborhoods in Airway Heights, Medical Lake and Cheney.

If you want to send me some information on what it is you're looking for I'd be happy to start a search for you! And just so you know, I work for the only Exclusive Buyer's Agency in the area, so if I were to help you find a home than you would be able to be confident that there wouldn't be any conflict of interest or dual agency involved.
Also, if you'd just like some basic info on Spokane you can visit my website here! Feel free to email or call me at 509-868-4591 with any questions :) http://www.kristinabartlett.com/Web/AR439789/CustomContent/index/5343602?IDXSESS=u8n4ilqusfdhs2kdjnsq4t92h2
Flag Sun Mar 24, 2013