Rellocating from NYC within the next few wks and interested into apartment communities in Gastonia, NC.

Asked by Tiffanyjamal, Raleigh, NC Wed Jul 4, 2012

my husband and I are looking into Gastonia and would like advice on the best areas and apartment communities. Being from NYC safety is a must and amenities are always a plus. We would prefer not to use a realtor, but if we did we are interested in "no fee" apartments. Our preferences are a 2 bdrm with a max price of $750. Can you also educate me on the pricing for utilities that should be factored in my budget. Thx for any help!

Answers

1
Niki Breest, Home Owner, Gastonia, NC
Sat Jul 7, 2012
Look on southwoodrealty.com It is an apartment website for the area. I've lived in Gaston county for 20 years, and know the area well. Some nice apartments to check out would be Azalea, I believe they are 600 for 2 bedrooms. Azalea is listed on the website I mentioned. Georgetowne woods has ant problems, Quail woods are nice but you have to run a cable cord up the stairs to get cable in an upstairs bedroom. Greenview meadows is a no-go. Also, go on craigslist and look up houses, there are alot of nice ones. Utilities for apartments, not so sure of.. also Walkers ridge is nice but its at the high end of price and so is Brentwood Chase..brentwood chase is truly nice, has cops that live in the neighborhood, has a pool but last time i checked no laundry or gym facility. Ashbrook village is nice, but outdated. Chateau village has been recently (last 6 months) been renovated, but not sure about the safety of the neighborhood. Honestly..azalea is a pretty nice one, its located near the highway but not too close. Only bad thing is its located just off a main road but the inside is very nice. Just shop around, and keep in mind you can always move to a small city around gastonia..I live in Dallas 2 min from gastonia. Belmont, mt holly, cramerton, ranlo, lowell, mcadenville are just some examples of cities located near gastonia. Good luck!!!!
thx so much Niki. We are looking into Orchard Trace a south wood realty property. Your helpful advice is appreciated!
Flag Fri Jul 13, 2012