Recommended Laguna Beach realtors?

Asked by ., 45678 Wed Feb 13, 2013

Hello! I'm planning on buying a home in Laguna Beach in the coming months. I've bought before, but not in this market..so I need an agent. I would love to get recommendations from buyers who have had great experiences with local agents who are honest, knowledgable, responsive, savvy, and patient (a girl can dream!). Thank you!

Answers

16
Cynthia Flem…, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Wed Feb 13, 2013
I'm a realtor who lives and works here in Laguna. I'd be happy to assist you with your needs. I'm working with a lot of buyers right now but the problem here in Laguna is inventory. I just finished Broker Preview and saw 9 new listings of all types from $669,000; an original old cottage up to $11,700,000 a luxurious oceanfront home and many in between including cottages and contemporary style homes. What is your price range? I preview all new listings each week so I have knowledge of all the current inventory. You can email me at: cfleming@coldwellbanker.com. Be happy to help.
D.i.renteria, Home Buyer, Laguna Beach, CA
Fri May 3, 2013
Well, my dreams came true! I am now living in Laguna Beach with an amazing view and couldn't have done it without my realtor, Chi! The market was tough and inventory property was slim but she found us an amazing home! She is a straight shooter, worked around the clock to find us what we wanted, and put up with our requests. She is calm, cool headed and willing to put in the work. I moved from out of state so we couldn't be there to view everything and she sent us pictures and video of so many homes. If you are still looking, I would definitely recommend Chi. :). Good luck!

Here is her info:
Chi Nguyen
Prudential California Realty
949.702.6267
Her profile: http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Real_Estate_Pro-Monarch…
Jylee1021, Home Buyer, Laguna Beach, CA
Fri May 3, 2013
Hi, below is a review I posted about our realtor (Chi Nguyen) we used to purchase a property (closed March 2013) in Laguna Beach, CA. She was absolutely amazing, professional, patient, knowledgeable about the market and trends and went above and beyond to make sure the whole process went smoothly. We were in a multiple offer situation and we still got the place despite another higher offer. I attached the link to other satisfied buyers to the post. If you haven't already found your dream home, reach out to her. You won't be disappointed.
------
We recently purchased a property in Laguna Beach, CA and were referred to Ms. Nguyen by a mutual friend who expressed that she would go above and beyond to help us find our dream home. Coming from out of state, it was important for us to find the correct realtor and I’m happy to say that Ms. Nguyen definitely exceeded expectations, finding and previewing properties for us to see, including some that were not even on the market yet. Ms. Nguyen always made us feel that we were a priority, responding quickly to every question and/or concern we had. From our initial meeting all the way through closing and even past through moving and settling in to our new home, Ms. Ngyuen was with us every step of the way.

An agent has a lot of influence on whether your offer gets accepted, a transaction closes and/or how bumpy the ride is. Ms Nguyen represented us on the Buyer side. We believe her level of professionalism helped set our offer above others in terms of close-ability. We were in a multiple bid situation and got the house even though there were offers that were financially higher than ours. Ms. Nguyen helped set us apart as buyers in an extremely competitive, low inventory market. We would wholeheartedly recommend her. Ms. Nguyen is a true professional in every sense of the word who goes above and beyond for her clients.
opondomusa, , 10020
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Hello Melissa,

Laguna-beach, California is a great place to live. Click on the link below to find Realtors in Laguna Beach and more information on the neighborhood.You will also notice some properties for sale in Laguna Beach that might interest you.

All the best.
Chris Robert…, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Hello Melissa,

Laguna Beach is beautiful! Growing up in costal SoCal I'm a bit biased. I've sold many Laguna Beach and surrounding neighborhood properties. Beyond the other advice you've read below, I have a few additional suggestions:

-Deal direct with a Real Estate Broker
-Find a Broker who is Full Time and actively closes 25+ properties a year
-Make sure they are a REALTOR
-Try speaking with them on the phone or interview them in person- it's easy to email and text but you will really get a sense of who someone is by speaking directly with them for a few minutes.

Look for someone who knows the downtown areas, restaurants, schools, beaches and amenities as well as the various neighborhoods that suit your needs and budget. A local agent can also clue you into new social circles and people in your new neighborhood - rather than just selling you a home.

I'm happy to help you with your search and meet the criteria above

Chris Robertson
Real Estate Advisors
(949) 354-HOME (4663)
chris@BrokerChris.com
http://www.HousingOC.com
Melchor, REA…, Agent, Orange, CA
Sat Feb 16, 2013
Hello Melissa,

Interview a few real estate agents that have a REALTOR® designation. This designation has a heavy value with respect to honesty.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Melchor Perez
REALTOR®
Debbie Brown, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Hello Melissa,

I am a local real estate broker here in Laguna. My office is downtown. I have several references I can have you speak with. I understand this is a big decision and a process you need help with. In this area and climate it is important to have a patient and understanding agent. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this process. Let me know what you would like me to send over for your review or if you want to speak with me directly I can be reached at 888-863-7480. My office is at 465 Forest Ave #F, Laguna Beach, CA.
Thank you for the inquiry,
Debbie Brown
Birgit O'hea…, , Orange County, CA
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Hello Melisssa,

I'd look forward to helping you find a home in Laguna Beach. Contract me so we can get together and so I can learn more about you are looking for.

You can reach me as follows:

Birgit O'Hearn, Realtor
(949)463-7955
Birgit.homesales@gmail.com
Andrew Karig…, Agent, Newport Beach, CA
Wed Feb 13, 2013
Hello Melissa, I work with Teles Properties from both our Laguna Beach and Newport Beach offices. I have had several listings in Laguna Beach and have represented buyers there. I represented football player, Carson Palmer, in the sale of his home at 739 Nyes Place for over $3 million and represented both Carson and his wife and also the buyers in this transaction. I currently have a $3 million listing on Glenneyre Street (a home and 4 parcels of land with panoramic ocean-view). I suggest visiting my website at http://www.KariganResidential.com You can read endorsements from my curent and past clients (full names included... phone numbers | email addresses available upon request). I am glad to offer you my expertise and best professional service to help you purchase a home in Laguna Beach. Thank you, Andrew Karigan 949.929.6922 AndrewKarigan@gmail.com | http://www.KariganResidential.com
Steve Colvin, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Wed Feb 13, 2013
Hi Melissa,

I am in Laguna Niguel (5 miles from Laguna Beach) and have owned/sold properties in Laguna Beach. The best way to learn about agents is read their reviews, websites and interview 4-5 agents to see who you feel most comfortable with.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions

Steve Colvin
949-281-3075
steve@premiercalrealty.com

http://www.premiercalrealty.com
Brian Wilson, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Wed Feb 13, 2013
Hi Melissa,

Good question but maybe the wrong venue for the question. Mostly Realtors here answer questions from buyers and sellers. You can search for agents here that answer questions to get a sense of what they are like. You can use other sites and look for recommendations on some of the rating sites (Yxxp.com) comes to mind.

If you just Google 'Laguna Beach Realtor' you may find the ones that pay for placement at the top, try to read to find ones that are there organically through recommendations and postings. Read blogs of the ones you like to see what they find interesting in Laguna Beach and finally ask for referrals. Most of my business is referral based and I can tell you when I am referred it means so much to me. A referral means someone knows I work hard and is trusting I will do a good job again for their friend. A non referral buyer may not know if I am good or not and may be a bit more guarded with me at first.

I am in Dana Point and have sold homes in Laguna Beach but there are many very good agents that live and work in Laguna, just find someone you connect with since you will likely be spending a fair amount of time together.

Good luck with your search,

Brian Wilson, Realtor
DRE# 01321478
949-933-0852
Shawn McCoy…, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Wed Feb 13, 2013
I, too, am a realtor who lives and works in Laguna. I have lived here for almost 30 yrs. and so am knowledgable of the market as well as the different areas/communities withn our city.
It would be a pleasure to help you in any way to achieve your perfect home purchase.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Shawnmg1@gmail.com
949.246.8216
First Team Real Estate

http://www.firstteam.com/shawnmccoy/agent/shawn-mccoy---graf…

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?trk=tab_pro&id=204270771
Bob Phillips, Agent, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Wed Feb 13, 2013
I should also have mentioned that you might also receive "recommendations" from agents from other areas, like PollyAnna's. Just be aware that their "recommendation" probably has an undisclosed referral fee - to them - attached to it, which isn't necessarily a good reason to accept their "recommendation".

Again, good luck in making a great connection.
Wed Feb 13, 2013
Hi Melissa, and congratulations on your decision to buy a home this year.

In my experience this forum is NOT frequented by other buyers or sellers, but primarily occupied by Realtors, like myself. Because of that, this may not be the best outlet for the answer you're looking for.

Instead, you'll probably get bombarded by agents all over Southern California, essentially begging for your business. ( A virtual cacophony of "Pick me! Pick me! No, Pick Me!" responses.)

You MAY receive some responses from actual Laguna Beach specialists, ( No, I'm not one of those. I AM a specialist in Coto de Caza.) so my caveat is to simply be discerning, in your selection.

You might get more responses from actual former or current Laguna Beach buyers or clients from a couple of other similar sources, that start with either Z or R, so you might just expand your inquiry to those venues, as well.

Good luck in making your choice, and in finding your next home!
PollyAnna Sn…, Agent, Bozeman, MT
Wed Feb 13, 2013
Melissa - Call John Veytia at Veytia Group in Laguna Bch. John taught us the real estate business and has been a broker in CA since 1963. He or one of his team (he has some women on the team if you prefer) are your absolute best bet in Laguna. My husband and I worked with him and attribute much of what we've expereienced and know to him. We were with Veytai Group from 2000-2006, when we moved away from CA. Office phone is 949.715.0570 and email = john @veytiagroup.com web = http://www.veytaigroup.com Best of luch and cheers!
Joe Van Foss…, Agent, Fullerton, CA
Wed Feb 13, 2013
My guess is you'll probably receive a few dozen answers here from mostly Realtors. I might as well throw my hat into the ring on this one. A guy can dream! ;)

Joe Van Fossen
(714)584-7154
joe.vanfossen@gmail.com