Recognizable brand name appliances important to buyers in a newly remodeled kitchen?

Asked by Antony Chiang, San Francisco, CA Sat Oct 27, 2007

In purchasing a new home with a new hi-end kitchen, how important is it to you as buyer (or your clients) to have SubZero for the fridge versus say JennAir, Wolf or Viking or Thermador for the range, etc.

Answers

4
Mark Choey, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Fri Nov 2, 2007
SubZero is probably the high-end standard fridge of choice. It's the safest bet for any high-end kitchen and probably the most common high-end fridge in San Francisco - There are other SubZero-like fridges such as Thermador or JennAir for example that are also good substitutes - Is it a big deal? I think not. There are good SubZero substitues out there - just don't put in a GE Profile!!!
Wendy Taylor,…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sat Oct 27, 2007
The brands need to "match" the price of the house. High end brands belong with custom cabinetry, finishes etc. A luxury home buyer is knowledgeable about the value of high end appliances and will count them when they analyze the value of the house.
Patti Philli…, , Carlsbad, CA
Sat Oct 27, 2007
Anthony, I would agree with Michael. People want to know that you haven't "cheaped out" on them, and brand name appliances are one place they can visually see what has happened! Good luck with your remodel!

Patti Phillips
800-680-9133
Dot Chance, Agent, Burbank, CA
Sat Oct 27, 2007
When purchasing a high-end home, buyers are looking for high-end components in the home from crown mouldings to high-end appliances!

They don't want to walk into the Taj Majal (did I spell that right?) and find out that it was outfitted at the local discount store.

Hope that helps!
Web Reference:  http://www.DotChance.com