Real estate agents and foreclosures?

Asked by Mandj, 22309 Wed Mar 4, 2009

It seems to me that houses in VA Beach are still listing way too high (by roughly 100k). It also seems like there are a large number of houses in foreclosure. I don't plan on overpaying for a house that I'll end up losing money on in this economy so it looks like foreclosures are a smart move. Is this something that standard real estate agents handle?
Thanks.

Answers

2
Penny Boyles, , King, NC
Wed Mar 4, 2009
Yes, real estate agents do represent buyers on these properties. When purchasing any property - especially a foreclosure - it is in the buyers best interest to have a professional help handle all the details. There is a lot to contend with in the paperwork and the schedules most foreclosure banks are requiring. They aren't making it easy.
Diane O and…, Agent, Franklin, TN
Wed Mar 4, 2009
Yes and you want to use an agent who has experience with foreclosures. Regardless of what kind of purchase you are looking at having representation, someone in your corner to guide you through the process, is very important.