Jim, Other/Just Looking in

Real Estate buyer looking for a buyers-agent in Phoenix Metro area who will split commission.

Asked by Jim, Sat Mar 5, 2011

Here for a duration from Los Angeles and am in the market for a multifamily (triplex or quad) in Phx/Scottsdale area. Looking for a broker who is interested in an arrangement where we split the commission on the buy 50/50. I will not need hand-holding, meetings at sites/properties, etc., just access to whatever online mls portal you can provide to clients for searches, and a review of the purchase docs at closing. I can do the analysis, etc., myself. Should be relatively easy-money versus time spent. If interested, please send a message. Thanks!

Answers

4
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Mar 6, 2011
Jim,

The reality of your offer is that you age asking agents to split their commission....AGAIN! Again since they have already split it with the selling or listing side and split it with their broker......and you ask for consideration to split it again?

This may explain why there doesn't appear to be too many takers jumping on board of your "opportunity train."

6% split with the selling or listing brokerage yields 3% remaining.

3% split with the agent's broker could yield as little as 1.5%

1.5% split with you leaves the agent with a whopping .75% left.

Somehow your offer just isn't that appealing!

Michael P Br…, , Phoenix, AZ
Thu Mar 10, 2011
I work with Ready Real Estate. Take a look at how our rebates save you money. Regards,
Michael Brenner
Jim, ,
Sun Mar 6, 2011
LOL, and I answered my own question with a few minutes of searching (thanks Google: you may be a monolithic scary organization, but your search engine still rules!). Just called it the wrong thing: it's a "buyer rebate"

For future investigators, searchers should search for terms:
http://www.google.com/search?q=arizona+buyer+rebate+broker&a…

I will report back on how the transaction goes, probably some time in May.
Jim, ,
Sun Mar 6, 2011
Hi Bill,

Lol, fair feedback. I assumed it would take longer to find someone in Arizona who doesn't throw up a little in their mouth at the thought (I also assumed it would be a broker vs an agent, so the splitting would stop at 1.5pct).

I'll report back when I find my guy (or guyette)! I think I've already found my property so I need a few weeks to get financing together.