Ready to build my dream home, looking for a plot of land within 50-60 miles of NYC, need help!

Asked by orp967, New York, NY Thu Aug 23, 2012

I'm looking for a plot of land that is flat and at least an acre big, within 50-60 miles north of New York City, located right off any of the major north/south bound highways (87, 9W, 9A, Taconic, SMR Pkwy, 684, 15, 95) as well preferably within close proximity to a metro north station (Port Jervis, Pasack Valley, Hudson, Harlem & New Haven lines are all ok). Looking for an area with a property tax amount (no more than 10K annually for a 400-500K home). Not looking to spend more than 200K on the plot.

Sorry for the long wish list, location is critical for me. Thanks for reading.

Answers

8
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Sat Aug 31, 2013
Will gladly look into that for you if you send me your email. I cover Rockland, Orange, Ulster & Sullivan Counties!

Allan Erps
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson,ABR,SFR
Better Homes & Gardens/Rand Realty
95 South Middletown Road
Nanuet, New York 10954
Voice Mail (845) 624-8100 x141
Fax (845) 624-7137
Cell/Text (845) 304-3040
Email: allan.erps@randrealty.com
Website: allan.erps.randrealty.com
"GIVING MY CLIENTS THE GREAT
SERVICE THEY DESERVE ALWAYS!!"
NoreenandWay…, Agent, Yorktown Heights, NY
Sat Aug 31, 2013
What no one has mentioned here are the taxes on new construction! On most of the listings the tax shows $1 as the builder does not want to file the final CO as that is when taxes start. In Northern Westchester your taxes may be in the teens and I've seen taxes in the $20k's! You probably need to go into Dutchess County. I cover the lower Dutchess county area and can help you find a nice property close to Metro North. Any questions, just ask. I am a full time Realtor and here to help.
Dominick Gac…, , Peekskill, NY
Tue Nov 27, 2012
If you are in need of a mortgage or a pre approval I am a mortgage banker that has been in the industry 15 years.

I am always here to help.

Dominick Gaccino
NMLS 47623
914-391-2388
maria varela, Agent, New Rochelle, NY
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Location is very desirable close to major highways and 30 min to NYC. Maria 914-760-1342
maria varela, Agent, New Rochelle, NY
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Maria Varela answered, I have 3 lots of land foresale in White Plains next to the the sprain,87 and taconic parkways.Each lot is .086 over 3/4 acre each.The lots are leveland utilities are on the rd. the lots are located on Westchesterview lane . right off the sprain at Rout 100B. you can build up to a 6,800 sqft home . Please contact me 914-760-1342 . There is also the possobility that you can purchase two lots!!! I can certainly help you make your dream a reality. Iam a Broker /owner of the property!!!!
Abijah Spence, Agent, Mohegan Lake, NY
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Hello, you sign up at http://www.abijahshomes.com, you can search exactly for the price margin that you're looking for & compare the taxes for these similar plots. You could also find the info about radius and proximity of which you want to be in at http://www.zipcodedownload.com/Lookup/

I hope this info helps you out, feel free to call or email me if you need any other information or ideas?

AbijahSpence

Rising Star Realty

Licensed Salesperson

Direct:845-591-8136

Office:914-243-4885

Fax:206-339-6217

http://www.abijahshomes.com
Francesca Mu…, Agent, Yorktown Heights, NY
Sat Aug 25, 2012
The area I cover sounds perfect for you. You might need more than just 1 acre, some areas might want 3 acres in order to build a new home, like in Mahopac. Theres a lot more involved, give me a call!! 914-943-6442
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Thu Aug 23, 2012
This is out of my area, I work here in New Jersey, but the best thing you can do for yourself is find a good realtor to work with. Since the seller pays the commission, their services are free to you, and free is good, right? Let the realtor do the research and you build the house and the dream!