Re: 895 N Woodruff Place Mid Dr

Asked by Ed Ferris, Medora, IN Mon Apr 2, 2012

What is the story on this house? The listing says it has fire damage and a damaged roof. How long ago was the fire (and how long has the roof been damaged and presumably leaking)? The pictures show lots of good old woodwork and just a little scorching off to the side. Also a can of Red Gold tomatoes. Probably past the "best by" date.
Are there still big old houses in Woodruff Place divided up into apartments and then abandoned? I thought all those were bought up ten years ago.

Answers

4
Ed Ferris, Home Buyer, Medora, IN
Tue Apr 3, 2012
I don't know if answering my own question is in order, but I'll try it to continue the topic.
Thanks for the new pictures. Two details that may be of general interest: There appear to be two entrances in front. Is this a double house that is orginally a duplex, or is it just that Victorians liked to have lots of outside doors? (I saw one house in Bedford, Indiana that had five original exits, one on the second story.) And, one of the mantlepieces appears to be missing, the one around the white brick fireplace in the new photo.
Love those built-in cabinets. Same strong interior colors as we saw in 825 Woodruff Pl W Dr pictures when it was on the market three months ago.
Elizabeth Ku…, Agent, Carmel, IN
Mon Apr 2, 2012
Ed, I am the listing agent on this property. I would be more than happy to answer any of your specific questions. My phone number and email can be found on the property page.

For others that may be interested, the house does have fire damage that was contained to one bedroom, both upstairs bathrooms, and the common hallway on the second floor. There is also smoke damage in some areas of the upstairs. The home was secured and "patched" up to prevent further damage to the house, but was never repaired. The damage to the roof was from the firefighters to alleviate the smoke, not from the fire itself.

Woodruff Place is a fantastic neighborhood with some really great history. There is still a lot of life left in this old house, and just needs a new owner to bring it back to life! There have been many rehabbed homes in this neighborhood over the last several years, and their current market values speak for themselves. I have added some more pictures of this property. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions, or to set up a showing.

And, in case you are wondering, all doors, fixtures, and hardware that you see in the pictures are included with the home...the tomatoes are negotiable. :-)
Catherine Cr…, , Indianapolis, IN
Mon Apr 2, 2012
Ed,

Peoples circumstances change,sometimes rather quickly, so home home are always being bought and sold. Older homes with charm can still be found in the Woodruff Place section. I specialize in distressed properties and would be happy to try to find out more information on that property if you are interested. And yes the Red Gold Tomatoes are probably past the best by date, and that particular can comes precooked.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Apr 2, 2012
You may want to go back to the ad and click on the profile of the listing agent and email or just call the listing agent direct.