RE: 227 Kessinger Dr, Surfside Beach Club: What are HOA fees? Taxes? And is east of Hwy 17 BYP in a flood zone? If so, cost of ins? Thank you, MTC

Asked by Mary C, Murrells Inlet, SC Tue Aug 21, 2012

Answers

5
Dsheridan20, Home Buyer, Surfside Beach, SC
Mon Jul 4, 2016
I response to Dakotarockst.... I have lived here for 10 years and it is a wonderful place to live. As in every other development in the world, there are crabby people who do not like children, pets, etc. but they are very much in the minority. Generally, the people here are wonderful and there are many community activities and lots of things going on if you wish to be part of them. I would recommend if you have never lived with an HOA that you read the covenants carefully before you buy as the HOA does have a lot of power and can sometimes be extremely annoying and frustrating but they are all the same in that respect and there are many that are far worse than ours! So if you don't want to be restricted at all by HOA rules, then I would suggest you not buy in a community that has one. But consider that almost all community developments have an HOA and thousands of people live in them without serious problems. They exist for a purpose and so the trade off to keeping our community beautiful and orderly is to sometimes be annoyed or inconvenienced!

I'm sorry that Dakotarockst... feels so negatively about this community. But I would suggest talking to some people who live in the community before you accept that review as reality!
Dakotarockst…, Home Buyer, Surfside Beach, SC
Tue Jun 14, 2016
This is an awful place to live! The hoa is overboard, as are all of the neighbors.... they dont like people, pets or children!
Staci Smith, , Surfside Beach, SC
Tue Aug 21, 2012
Hi Mary,

You've been given good information, but thought I'd add a little more!

As mentioned, the HOA dues are $90 per month and include trash pick-up. This is a beautiful community with a nice club house and fitness room, large community pool with jacuzzi and its also gated for security.

The taxes are based on whether you are using this as a primary residence or not and also the purchase price. The listing price is a little above the point where the taxes are now based and they were $2450 last year, with this being an owner occupied property. This means you can take this figure to be pretty close to what your taxes would be, assuming you would use this as a primary residence.

Its not in a flood zone and is actually close to being one of the best zones for insurance purposes. There are a lot of variables which go into a homeowner's insurance quote, but I would suggest calling your current agent, then maybe one or two others, give them the specifics you know (including the address), and they will be able to give you a good estimate.

If you need more details of the property, just email me your email address and I'll be happy to give you further property specific information. I work in Surfside and can give you a few insurance or mortgage professionals to call, if you need this, too. Its a great time to be buying today!

If there are any other questions I can help you with, please email me at Staci@PhillipsRealty.com or call me at (843) 446-3249.

Good luck to you in your search!
Staci Smith, Realtor
Phillips Realty, Surfside Beach
Bill Bayliff, Agent, Myrtle Beach, SC
Tue Aug 21, 2012
This property is WEST of 17 Business, about 2 mile to the beach.
Melissa Kell…, Agent, Pawley Island, SC
Tue Aug 21, 2012
Hey there! Their HOA dues are $90 a month, taxes are based on the purchase price and it depends if this will be your first or second home. The tax assessment on records for last year was $2450. The property that you are inquiring about appears NOT to be in a flood zone. Not all properties East of 17 are in flood zones. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Melissa Dunn
843-344-8181
melissadunn@aol.com
http://www.pawleysislandrealestatehomes.com