REO and short sale questions

Asked by Kf0207, 08820 Tue Apr 7, 2009

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for REO properties in Edison and Metuchen. Are they available online or I have to call the banks to find out? If they are online where can I find them? I'm also looking for broker/agent that specialized in short sale and REO properties for Edison and Metuchen areas.

Answers

2
Jack Vollenb…, Agent, Flemington, NJ
Wed Apr 8, 2009
REO properties are typically listed on the local MLS just like privately offered properties. In addition they are often also offered direct via the bank's website. There are a few brokers in NJ that have special expertise in selling and managing REO properties. I would recommend you at least contact them for your specific search area and get on their contact list as an interested buyer in your area of interest. They can often alert you to a new offering even before a bank-owned property hits the open market. E-mail me and I'll get you in touch with our agents for that area.

Jacobus "Jack" Vollenberg
RE Appraiser - Vollenberg Appraisers
Asset Manager - ERA Statewide Realty
Vollenberg@iname.com
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Tue Apr 7, 2009
Below is reference to a blog about the various types of sales you'll find in today's market. To answer your immediate questions, you are on the right track looking for a buyers agent. Yes, these properties will be listed on the MLS - most nationwide MLS systems link to realtor.com. That's where I would start the search, but after you find a good agent, they may direct you to a different web site. I'd be happy to try to find you an agent - email me directly at vchrisner@kw.com. I have some connections in that area, but I will need a bit more info from you.