Question of the Day: What makes a great buyer's agent

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Thu Mar 8, 2012

How does a home buyer identify a great agent? What are some key things he/she does?

Note: Trulia Question of the Day is popular question being discussed in other markets. We'll featured best answers in consumer monthly digest. Please send any feedback to voicesfeedback@trulia.com.

Answers

4
LeAnna Beat, Agent, Wichita, KS
Thu Mar 8, 2012
A good buyer's agent will make sure that the financing you have secured matches the properties you are touring. If you have an FHA loan, and the house will not pass FHA financing requirements, it is probably not worth your time to consider it. A good buyer's agent helps the buyer focus their search, presents properties with all the good and bad aspects of the properties, and offers to show comparable sold properties from MLS listings before writing an offer, to make sure the price offered to seller is fair and reasonable.
Web Reference:  http://www.leannabeat.com
Jennie Gronn…, Agent, Wichita, KS
Thu Mar 8, 2012
An agent that is willing to search for a property for you and that will be happy to work as long as it takes to find a home you love even if it takes a year. Also an agent that is not afraid to put in any offer even if alot less than asking price. Some agents do not like to put in what we call low ball offers.
i like what you are saying, i have ran into the problem. Also I have seen houses for sale, and by the time i call they are all under contract. getting on them seems to be a issue
Flag Wed May 9, 2012
Paul Rosales, Agent, Wichita, KS
Thu Mar 8, 2012
I agree with a lot of what the other agents mention. For more insight, click on my included web reference to hear what actual home buyers have to say about this.
Jim Sullivan, Agent, Meade, KS
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Someone like Leanna Beat. But if she is busy, call me.