Question about Condos in the Hollywood area of Portland, OR

Asked by Erick, 95672 Sat Dec 1, 2007

I'm interested in condos or townhouses in the Hollywood area. Any recommendations I could look at online? (I don't live in Oregon). I'm interested in this area because it would be nice not to own a car (take MAX and flexcar), be near a library and I hear there's also a new Whole Foods coming in to the Hollywood area. I'm looking for a 2-bedroom between $200k and $250K. Thanks.

Answers

3
Dirk Knudsen, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Sun Jan 13, 2008
Erik!

Great question and great area. Get an agent you want to work with and set up some parameters for the streets and blocks you want. Set up automated MLS searches and get the daily updates. Do your homework and watch the market. Tour 10 or so after you make a short list. There are some deals and will be some deals as well. BUt even in this market the best homes sell fast. Beleive that!

I can set up several searches for you and you will recieve that report twice a day with addresses. I can also save you a mnice chunk of change on the sale through my exclusive buyers program. Call me about that. You could not have found a better time to buy!

regards;

Dirk T Knudsen
#1 Re\Max team in Oregon: 2007
Re\Max hall of Fame
"The Real Estate Doctor"
Web Reference:  http://www.nwhomecenter.com
., , suburbs of Portland
Sun Jan 13, 2008
Hi Erick! This question is pretty old so I will keep it short, but let me know if you would like anymore info about this area. The Whole Foods is open, and you are right in that you would have everything at your disposal if you lived in the Hollywood area. There's pubs, the newisn 24 Hour Fitness, the light rail station to downtown etc.

I found a few listings that you might be interested in - there is a new condo conversion building with 7 units left and it is absolutely gorgeous! I can send you the listing if you give me your email...these are not going to last, the model home online is amazing.

(bamboo floors, walnut cab's, slab kit & bath, slate showers, granite showers, ALL apps including washer dryer and Bosch dw, new electric, roofs,gutters, vinyl wnds.)

Kathryn
Norm Rice, Agent, Clackamas, OR
Sat Dec 1, 2007
Good day. Finding a condo in the Hollywood or Rose City Neighborhoods in the price range you've mentioned is indeed possible at this time. in fact there are presently about 5 in the price range you mentioned with a few others than are listed a bit higher, but with some negotiation could perhaps be persuaded to move down a little. If you go to http://www.RoseCityProperty.com and then pick the Rose City and Hollywood area you can receive daily emails of not only those presently on the market, but also any that may come on in the near future.

You are right about the Whole Foods coming to the Hollywood area. It is in the process of being built at this time. The Library is also close along with a Trader Joes, 24 Hour Fitness and an increasing amount of new retail and restaurant establishments. Please don't hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I do work in the area and have lived in the neighborhood for over 20 years.