R, Home Buyer in University City, San...

Q1. I am a lady veteran, rated 100% service-connected disabled for peacetime service. When I lived in CA in prior years, the max exemption was up to?

Asked by R, University City, San Diego, CA Thu Dec 10, 2009

150K. Now I understand it is 166K. I saw the term "War veterans" since the increase. Am I still qualified to receive the exemption as a non-war vet rated at 100% SC? -------2) I may be coming to the area this weekend. What is the most expiditious way to see th properties - assess if there are buying opportunites for me by VA Loan? 3) Any foreclosure bus tours going on the 12th or 13th of December?

Answers

3
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Thu Dec 10, 2009
Find the california tax website. Look for this area. You should also find a contact us link somewhere. They you can email and hopefully get a real legal reply. Good luck.
Ted Canto, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Dec 10, 2009
R.. Another thing you may want to know is that since you are disabled, you also have the right to have the VA Funding Fee waived as well. If you have any questions, let me know as I am also a former Army Vet and specialize in FHA/ VA loans,
R, Home Buyer, University City, San Diego, CA
Thu Dec 10, 2009
To Clarify, I am looking at San Diego, CA; in the area of UCSD or Mirimar USMC base. My question regarding the property tax exemption, thus applies to California. Thank you. - R