Purchasing a condo, We've done all the work, located the place and want to put an offer in,

Asked by sunandski4me, Fall River, MA Mon Nov 26, 2012

Can we do this alone with the sellers Realtor or do we need to find our own Realtor to make the offer?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Muhammad Mus…, Agent, Fall River, MA
Wed Mar 27, 2013
You want someone on your side to safeguard your interest in this transaction. If you work with your representative with no cost to you, how would that sound. Call today to find out more details on FREE Buyer Representations.

Muhammad 508-982-4824.
0 votes
Loum, Home Buyer, Fall River, MA
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Yes you can do thatr but it does not make sense for you to do so. The seller is paying the commission on this real estate deal so it would be wise for you to have someone other than the seller's realtor represent you for your own protection. It doesn't cost you a thing!


0 votes
Steve Medeir…, Agent, Dartmouth, MA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
You have the right to put in an offer by yourself direct with the seller's Realtor. However, you do have to realize that the seller's Realtor is working in the seller's best interest. If you choose to hire a buyer's agent, they will be working in your best interest. There are many moving parts in a transaction and many things that can be negotiated and using an experienced buyer agent can prove to be extremely valuable.

The buyer agent's fee may even be paid by the sellers if their agent is offering compensation to a cooperating broker. If you have already looked at the property with the seller's agent then compensation may not be that straight forward.

I hope that helps you make a more educated decision.
0 votes
Kevin Vitali, Agent, Tewksbury, MA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
You can do it either way.

Be aware the sellers real estate agents works for the sellers and not you. Their fiduciary responsibility is to the seller, they owe you absolutely no loyalty.

A buyers agent is generally paid for by the seller and costs you the buyer no additional money. A good buyers agent can save you time money and aggravation. Why you wouldn't use one to help insulate yourself is a good question to ask yourself.
0 votes
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
You can do it through the listing agent but keep in mind that he-she is representing the seller and not you. Getting a buyer´s agent to represent you will cost you nothing and you have someone on your side that can guide you through out the process as condos can sometimes be tricky. Let us know if you have any more questions --- Wen info@wenrealty.com
0 votes
Karen Barney, Agent, Assonet, MA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
You should have Buyer Representation. Either way you should get a copy of the condo complex budget & reserves. Ask if there is any litigation pending. There a a couple of complexes in FR thathad management embezzle. That will be a problem for financing.

I'd be happy to help. Call me or email. SCRELady@gmail.com or 774-678-1999
0 votes
Joe Arnao, Agent, Sanwich, MA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Either way works. You may want someone who is only looking out for you and your best interests. A buyer's agent typically gets paid with a share of the commission that the Seller is paying out to the listing agent.
Condominiums can be complex transactions.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Fall River Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more