Purchasing a 2BR/2BA garden unit in Weatherstone complex, 30324 zip code for 110,000

Asked by joc, Atlanta, GA Tue Mar 5, 2013

I'm young and want to live in this area, I want to know if this is a good idea or not, the price seems lower compared to other condos in the area, I also want to know if I will have trouble reselling in future, I plan to live here for at least 5 years

Answers

5
Sherrie Crow, Agent, Decatur, GA
Tue Aug 6, 2013
I grew up in this area and as far as I am concerned, it is one of the best locations in Atlanta! Anything you can possibly want is just a short drive away: theaters, museums, parks, great shopping and restaurants-- you name it! I especially love the Tara Theater at the corner of LaVista and Lenox. It is one of the few theaters in town that shows films worth seeing.
The Ron Mcnew…, Agent, Tucker, GA
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Joc, I know the Weathersone community well. I don't live in the condo community but I live in the subdivision that Weatherstone was built in. The condo is close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. You can not beat the location. Weatherstone is convenient to CDC and Emory, Midtown, Buckhead, Downtown ,Decatur and only minutes away from 285, I75 and 85. Becuse of these factors you shouldn't have trouble reselling your property. I've lived hear since 1996 and have never regretted making the decision to live here.
Laquita Baez, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Fri Mar 8, 2013
Hi joc,

Let's discuss this area and your options in full.
Feel free to contact me as I am here to help.

Laquita Baez
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
770.901.0956
http://www.LaquitaBaez.com
David Herren, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Tue Mar 5, 2013
Joc,

This is one of many reasons you should work with a buyer's agent. You are making a huge decision that will affect your financial health for years to come. I have just completed a search for a client in the same area. If you are working with an agent, this is information they should be providing. If you are not, call me and I may be able to help.

Dave Herren
Best Atlanta Properties
404-425-4945
Tyler Willis, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Tue Mar 5, 2013
Hi Joc,

One good thing is that the condo is a two bed two bath. The next thing you want to make sure is that the building is FHA approved. In my experience if the complex is not FHA approved chances are slim that they will ever be. If it is not it will decrease your potential pool of buyers when you are looking to resell. I recommend speaking with your realtor regarding this.

If you need anymore advice or you are looking for a realtor to help I'd be happy to give you any advice needed.

Tyler Willis, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Realty Intown Atlanta
621 North Ave NE, Suite C-50
Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404)541-3500
Direct: (678)656-5524
tylerwillisintown.kwrealty.com