Newbie In Re…, Home Buyer in 95035

Property in Tuscany Hills community in san jose (95136)

Asked by Newbie In Real Estate, 95035 Tue Sep 22, 2009

I wanted to ask a question about a 6 year old property in Tuscany Hills community in san jose (95136)? what are the pros and cons of living here? what have been the market trends in this area considering this is in the hills with a decent view of the valley?

Answers

3
Mary Pope-Ha…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Fri Feb 12, 2010
Just a quick comment on the response about a 10 year warranty and how important it is to get that. In California, all residential construction has a 10 year warranty for builder defects. With condo or townhouse complexes, when they get to be about 7 or 8 years old you'll find the Home Owner Association (HOA) hiring inspectors and contractors to give the place a very careful inspection to see if there's anything wrong. If there is, and the builder doesn't readily fix it, the HOA will start litigation. This can sometimes make it tough to sell a unit. If you're looking to buy a younger home that's 7-9 years old, always ask if there's litigation and ask if there's been a recent effort to discover any building defects before the 10 year timeframe ends.
Mortgage Pla…, , San Jose, CA
Thu Feb 11, 2010
My husband and I purchased one of the single family homes in 2006 and we love living here! It's very quiet and the neighbors are friendly but keep to themselves. We live by the park and love the view. Even though we don't have a lot of views from our home, it's still a beautiful place to live and see the views while we drive. We have lost a lot equity in our home since we purchased it and feel jealous of the people who are able to buy the homes for so much less. Nonetheless, we love the neighborhood and our home.

The surrounding neighborhoods and areas are overpopulated so there is a lot of traffic on the roads on the weekends. I avoid taking Capitol as much as I can. But it is nice to have close access to so many different shopping centers and freeways. By taking the surface streets, you can get to downtown San Jose in 15 mins, and to Willow Glen and Campbell very easily.

Since living in our home, we've had KB come to our home about a dozen times to fix problems and have had 3 water leaks in 3 separate areas! Since our house is still under warranty, KB has fixed them but of course, with the "skilled" labor they send, it takes more than 1 time to fix the problem and many visits. There is a 10 yr structural warranty on the house - I would recommend you check with your realtor to see if it transfers to the next owner. Definitely get a home warranty when you buy the house!
Sabyasachi B…, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Sun Jan 31, 2010
I own a similar townhome in the neighboring Lancaster Gate community. I have been an original owner since 2001 and love the place. The most convenient thing that I like about the place is its proximity to the 4 South Bay highways - 85, 87, 280/680 and 101 - all within a 4 mile radius. Plus it is a new construction with a modern upscale looks. It is pretty near to parks, banks, groceries, movies and mall. The neighborhood is generally quiet and upscale. The only drawback is there are no decent public schools nearby. But I love the place and hate to let it go.