Price not being an issue what 3 Brentwood subdivisions do you consider the best?

Asked by Suebee, 37027 Sat Nov 14, 2009

Answers

27
Kitt Pupel, Agent, Brentwood, TN
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Hi Suebee,

After reading through all the other answers and see your comment about mainly wanting a subdivision that will hold it's value, I would go with Annandale. It has a beautiful pool, clubhouse, walking trails and the homes seem to be holding their value well. I live in Governors Club on the golf course in a custom home and have been here for 8 years and unfortunately will have to say our value has gone down. We had some non-custom homes come into the neighborhood and they've been short-selling and foreclosing, but you might could get a good deal in here too!! We have some popular people in here, Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatt's Joe Don and some Titans to name a few. It's biggest plus is 24 hour security guard gate and does give me a peace of mind.

I'd love to help in anyway!

Kitt Pupel
Will Johnson, Agent, Hendersonville, TN
Wed Mar 11, 2015
Here are my three favorites:

1. Annandale - Amazing amenities including with pool, lakes, walking trails and parks. Fantastic location with great schools and close to the highway. The houses have also done a fantastic job of retaining their value thus far.

2. Governor's Club - Definitely on my personal favorites list. "Elite" area with golf course, clubhouse, pool, etc. Just a gorgeous neighborhood with beautiful houses.

3. McGavok Farms - Includes a park, walking trails and a lake. It's also right beside the beautiful Granny White park, with fantastic athletic facilities, tennis courts, etc. It's in close proximity to downtown Brentwood with great schools, but not too far away from downtown Nashville.

Best of luck in your home search!
shelly browa…, Agent, Franklin, TN
Wed Mar 4, 2015
There are so many variables --- and choices. I guess you are asking for our personal favorites -- here's mine -- Annadale, McGavok Farms, River Oaks. There is a new one being built over off Granny White -- the Voce....new phase being built now -- spectacular custom builds with pastoral settings.
Fezzbert, Home Buyer, Oyster Bay Cove, NY
Wed Feb 11, 2015
I've been researching and looking at homes in the brentwood, frankln area for 2 years now and I truly believe I've seen all. GC is great yes. However homes are very close together and hardly any land. If you get a good price range the homes are gone immediately. I love Laurelbrooke, however, I'm coming from 3M dollar range in NY and do not want a huge home again. That being said. I want to downsize to 6000 sq feet not 11,000 I love Hampton Reserve too. but I want some type of community pool and walking trails etc for my kids.

Then comes Annandale. AMAZING. Beautiful homes, that hold value, community pool, acre of land, most flat. Room for you own pool. Walking trails and families.
Great Schools
All these communities are great. Seriously love them all. It's all opinion of what you are looking for. We are still searching but very close to making a purchase and getting out of NEW YORK.
Lindsey Maes…, Agent, Nashville, TN
Thu Jan 24, 2013
It all depends on what you are personally looking for in a community. A few great Brentwood subdivisions are Belle Rive, McGavock Farms and Brentmeade just to name a few.

Lindsey Maestas
615-714-3665
Diana Richar…, Agent, Brentwood, TN
Wed Nov 14, 2012
With price not being an issue, I would look in Governors Club.
Stacy Joy Se…, Home Owner, Tennessee
Fri Dec 17, 2010
Well, Brentwood has great subdivisons. But some of the best are Brenthaven, Twin Springs, and Fountainhead.
Larry Brewer, Agent, Brentwood, TN
Sun Aug 8, 2010
It's just my opinion, but I would consider the Governors Club, Princeton Hills, and Mcgavock farms the most likely to keep their value over time. Of course that's just because you said that price wasn't an issue. If price was an issue, I would go with Montclair, Belle Rive, and Brentmeade. If you are a golfer, you have to consider Brentwood country club and the Governors Club as the tops.
Web Reference:  http://www.larrybrewer.com
Vickie Walker, , 37027
Thu May 13, 2010
That is a hard one. Brentwood is a beautiful place to live. I live in River Oaks but if price is not an issue the subdivisions closest to downtown Nashville would be my pick. There are quite a few, so you would need to at least ride thru to get a quick feel on the neighborhood. After you decide that the rest is a piece of cake. There are so many dream homes on the market right now.
Charu Shah, Agent, Franklin, TN
Wed Mar 24, 2010
Suebee,

The top 3 neighborhoods are really the ones that have most of what you're looking for. The ones where, when you visit, you can see yourself living there, and feel at home.

Charu Shah
(615) 330-3149
x, , Brentwood, TN
Wed Mar 17, 2010
Suebee,

Charu Shah
(615) 330-3149
Laura Scott, Agent, Brentwood, TN
Wed Dec 23, 2009
I would never give a "best" subdivision answer for Brentwood as Buyers such as yourself have so many differing needs and wishes....so usually a compromise is in order. For instance, driving Concord Road to get to a neighborhood in traffic can be irritating, but many Buyers would rather have a newer home with a certain price range that the area affords...others would use location as a first priority and buy an older neighborhood like River Oaks, Wildwood,Carondelet,Brenthaven, and Meadowlake to name a few.....Newer in the 80's and 90's would be Indian Point, Liberty Downs, Chenoweth, Oakhall, Raintree Forest, etc. Many people consider those neighborhoods the Best....their children go to a certain school together and most love the school that they attend.....however, the newer neighborhoods with million dollar homes are also wonderful...would you want gated?,would you want a larger lot, or would you want the larger home? ...or which school do you desire, or what would you want your drive to be?

I personally do not like a subidvision and live in Granny White, but will consider the "best " subdivision for me as an older ranch in Meadowlake...as my children have flown the coop...so to speak...

Best reflects a personal decision for family lifestyle, needs for schools, need for proximity to work,and needs for the place in life you are....

Laura Scott
laurascott@realtracs.com
Pauline Char…, Agent, Brentwood, TN
Wed Nov 18, 2009
I think Princeton Hills, Northumberland, Taramore rank up there, however, I also like Woodway because of the mature trees and the beautiful view of Nashville at night.
The subdivision you will like will probably depend on your needs, your vision and your dreams.
Princeton Hills is about 6 or 7 years old, Taramore and Northumberland are newer subdivisions. Older subdivisions like Woodway typically, have mature trees and larger lots. Some people prefer smaller lots while others like larger lots with trees as well as the amenities included in the houses – size, layout, etc.
It’s a buyer’s market. I just saw a listing that has been on the market for almost a year. The seller- the builder, has reduced the price over 60% - it is now in foreclosure.
Brian Nelson, , Nashville, TN
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Annadale - Exit Old Hickory Blvd. about 1.5 miles west, right on Cloverland straight through light into Annandale (probably the most popular high-end community in Brentwood at this time).

Windstone - I believe will end up being very similar and possibly a bit nicer depending on what community characteristics you desire. Windstone is newer and to find what you want you may have to custom build. Although in Annandale under $1.5m inventory is down and selection is not as good as it has been also.

Governors Club is very hit and miss but would be worth taking a look especially if you are a golfer.

Hope this helps

Brian
Kevin Pellat…, Agent, Franklin, TN
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Would be happy to help when the time is right for you Sue – do you already have your schedule when you will need to see your choices?

Kevin Pellatiro
Hoping to help you take advantage of the market – when you are ready.
(615)714-7918 | kpellatiro@realtracs.com
Kevin Pellat…, Agent, Franklin, TN
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Just south of Old Hickory Blvd, east of the I-65 exit for Old Hickory Blvd in Brentwood.

((I-65 South. Exit Old Hickory Blvd. East. Go approx 4 stop lights to Rt. onto Cloverland Dr. Go to next stop light and Annandale is straight ahead.))
Suebee, Home Buyer, 37027
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Can someone tell me where Annandale is located? Every time I click on a map it doesn't have the location.
Suebee, Home Buyer, 37027
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Thank you all for your help. I will look in to all of your suggestions. Currently I am living out of state but will be moving back in the beginning of next year.
Brian Nelson, , Nashville, TN
Sun Nov 15, 2009
1. Annandale
2. Windstone
3. Governor's Club

My personal opinion
Kevin Pellat…, Agent, Franklin, TN
Sun Nov 15, 2009
Sue, have you considered Willowick (three homes linked below)? Some of the best custom builders in town created these residences 15 years ago. Though they do not come available very often, this may be a hidden gem if you desire a more natural surrounding or even a view of the hills surrounding Brentwood.

Just a beautiful neighborhood tucked away above Brentwood and right off of Franklin Road, in the heart of one of our most desirable communities. From all of these answers, does it sound like you have the choices you need available to you?

Kevin Pellatiro
Simon Hartla…, Agent, Brentwood, TN
Sun Nov 15, 2009
To follow up on my prior answer - if the investment perspective is the most important to you then I'd say you're like a lot of my buyer clients at the present time.

Consider a smaller home in a subdivision of larger homes - for example if you like the Governors club don't look at the highest end of the subdivision, but more middle end and below and then negotiate yourself a great deal. Find the Sellers that NEED to sell and after doing your careful research approach with your offer. See http://www.mostmotivated.com/FAQs.aspx#1

Your offer might not be what the seller was looking for but then again, if you deal with the right seller you'll get a substantial discount. I'm actually a licensed General Contractor too but in good faith if someone asked me to build a 7,000 sq ft house for them at the present time, I would be sure I told them that they could buy something for much less than I could build it for them.

So in conclusion I guess I'm saying - find the right seller, negotiate a good deal and never worry about it again. In 2 years time - you'll be sitting pretty.

Simon
615 579-7909
Web Reference:  http://www.MostMotivated.com
Kevin Pellat…, Agent, Franklin, TN
Sun Nov 15, 2009
These are some great neighborhoods and recommendations from some of our best local agents. To help in rounding out your list of subdivisions "that will hold their value and are considered to be in a very upscale area and all the homes are around the same value" and your additional criteria below...

Annandale and Concord Hunt have a lot of recent market activity that seem to show them selling better than their respective competition. Princeton Hills, McGavock Farms, and Governors are established, and have performed well against the rest over the past few years. Each of these have a majority of homes in similar price ranges (no townhomes mixed in), and each offer distinct advantages for you.

If you want your investment protected, the advice below of using comparable sales - along with what is selling best (now AND previously) - might be the way to give yourself the most useful information available. Do you have this information on these neighborhoods yet?

Kevin Pellatiro
(615)714-7918 | kpellatiro@realtracs.com | http://signswemustobserve.blogspot.com/
Cece Wyant, Agent, Franklin, TN
Sat Nov 14, 2009
In addition to Brian's list, I think that Windstone, Brass Lantern, Princeton Hills and the new section of McGavock Farms, all on the other side of Franklin Road, are very nice as well.
Megan Manly, Agent, Nashville, TN
Sat Nov 14, 2009
I always enjoying showing homes, going to parties and driving through

Governor's Club
Hampton Reserve
Annandale

We actually built our custom home with some inspiration from a home in Hampton Reserve. I'm not too crazy about how close the homes are in each of these subdivisions, but the architecture and amenities certainly account for some positives.
Cece Wyant, Agent, Franklin, TN
Sat Nov 14, 2009
Hi Suebee,

I agree with Simon--that is a tough question. I think everyone's definition of "best" is different. Some people think that lot size, such as being on 1 acre is important. Others think that location is important, such as being close to I-65 or Franklin Rd. Also, being in a certain school district or amenities, such as a community pool or golf course may be the draw for others. I personally live in Chenoweth and chose it because of its amenities, the lot sizes, my particular house floorplan, and the location. It also fit within my budget. Other people may want a neighborhood with newer homes or different floorplans.

Generally, if you are going to spend a million dollars on a home, you are definately going to be in a prestigeous neighborhood. If that is what you want and it is in your budget, there are a number of neighborhoods that have 1 million dollar plus homes in them. There are also many beautiful homes that list for under 1 millions dollars in Brentwood that most people would consider prestigeous as well.

I often have clients ask me the same question that you have just asked--which neighborhood is best? I help them find a home based on their needs and what they personally consider "best." There are many neighborhoods in Brentwood where homes have held their value fairly well, but in the current economy, prices have fallen a little bit throughout the Greater Nashville area, Brentwood included. That being said, this is the perfect time to buy. There are many very beautiful homes on the market in Brentwood right now. I recommed that if you are thinking about buying a home, get a Realtor to show you different neighborhoods in Brentwood, to find something that you like. Then have the Realtor pull comps. to see how the house is priced compared to other homes on the market and other homes that have sold in the area.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you.

Cece Wyant
Affiliate Broker
Prudential Woodmont Realty
ccwyant@comcast.net
http://www.cecewyant.com
Suebee, Home Buyer, 37027
Sat Nov 14, 2009
It really isn't important the lot size or new verses old. I want a subdivision that will hold its value and is considered a very upscale area and all the homes are around the same value. I am not interested in any subdivisions that have town homes along with single family homes.

I guess I am interested in knowing what subdivisions a Realtor like yourself would want to live in if price wasn't an issue.
Simon Hartla…, Agent, Brentwood, TN
Sat Nov 14, 2009
Wow - that's a tough question. The number of bedrooms, bathrooms you require etc are all directly correlated to your current life situation - within Brentwood there tend to be 2 overall basic "types" of homes.

Type 1 is what I call "original Brentwood" - these homes are a little older, perhaps one level on larger lots - think Carondelet or even Indian Point - homes built in the 80s the original "executive homes" of Brentwood.

Type 2 is the "new Brentwood" - homes like in Courtside at Southern Woods or Brookfield - more open floorplans, higher ceilings but the trade-off for newer homes is smaller lots.

Can you offer some insight about your preference for newer homes/smaller lots vs larger lots and older homes and I'll update my answer please?

Simon
615 579-7909
Web Reference:  http://www.mostmotivated.com