Price for new single family home in Dublin with proper lot size

Asked by Meeta, Dublin, CA Sun Feb 24, 2013

I am looking to buy 3-4 bedroom single family home (> 1500 Sqft, preferably single story or most of construction on the first floor if it’s two story)
with proper lot size (preferably > 6000 sqft but at minimum 4500 Sqft) .
What are the new homes build in Dublin with this spec and how much it would cost.
If I wanted to buy below 700K is new homes in Dublin option for me or not or only resaled home is option?

Answers

4
Enjoylife, Home Buyer, Dublin, CA
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Meeta,

Sorry, didn't see you have questions for me until today. With 700k budget, currently there is no new development that will meet your preference that the home is not a cookie cutter style. The ones I know are KB Homes's new sub in Positano that will be priced from mid 700k, and another one by DR Horton in Positano that will probably be in mid-high 900k due to the square footage. Others are what you already knew / visited. For re-sale, I wouldn't definitely consider buying a home in pleasanton (that was what we actually did but we didn't find a home meeting our requirement and in our budget). but the reality is from the $/sqft perspective, pleasanton's resale homes are more expensive than Dublin's. The price increase is every where, so the prices in pleasanton have been going up as well. You just have to check the listings daily and maybe compromise some of your requirements. Yes, we did the research as thorough as we could before buying a home in east Dublin in May last year and waited a year for the lot we wanted. The whole process was to remove some of our requirements and increase our budget. Then the market became so hot since 2nd half of last year. It is a much tougher time to buy now compare to 2011 and first half of 2012. Good luck!
Hi Enjoylife, Thanks for your views. Since my last post I visited couple of other new homes community i.e
Brookfield (windwood) & Taylor Morrison (La Solara) at east Dublin .
We did not like Taylor Morrison. Windwood has long waiting as you have mention also they were not ready to tell me the price.
I also did some dummy drive from my current work to this area and also researched on school.
At this point I have two concern for buying in east Dublin
1. on both the occasion we drove it took me ~ 10-15 minutes only to merge from 580 to 680 keep aside the rest of drive to join 580 and after merge on 680. This is really insane. I was hoping 580 to 680 merge to be smooth.
2. High school is big unknown for east Dublin at this point.
a. Dublin has only one high school and it’s worst among all the high school of tri cities.
b. Dublin does not seems to have any plan for any new high school

This is leading me to think for Pleasanton and San Ramon. Do you have some thought on this?
Flag Wed Mar 13, 2013
Meeta, Home Buyer, Dublin, CA
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Hi Enjoylife,
Thanks for your reply and the info. I read your some other posts too and appears like you have gone through a year or so back the phase of our home buying we are currently in .
We have been mainly looking in south Fremont homes in weibel/warm springs as this meets our need of school, neighborhood, price/budget & commute to work
but due to resale homes inventory situation had made us think to look east as it has similar or better schools, neighborhood and homes to offer in our budget but I have to compromise on commute for which now I have make up my mind.

What I realize is even for Dublin new homes prices has been increasing with every release recently. This makes me think it may not be good idea to wait for new community (unlike say until a year back) if I can find property now which we like in our budget and we find it’s really worth of that. Last Sunday we went to see standard pacific “Chateau at Fallon Crossing” .
this is kind of home we like but this is completely out of my budget as you rightly mention and anyway currently they are sold out.
They suggested me to look at Castello & Piazza at Sorrento but we ran out of time (it was already 5.30 PM) but with the information I have I am kind of pretty sure I am not going to like it.
I am not willing to pay more than 700K for a community which gives me feeling of townhomes/condos for which I have to give away 2 hours (1 hr each way)
a day of my life on commuting.
This is one of the main reason we do not like “Ardenwood in Fremont” even though they have one of best performing elementary school in bay area and veryclose to our work compare to tri valley cities.

Considering this do you have any other suggestion on new homes/community which might fit our need and budget?

Also if I end up realizing that kind of home I am looking for, if new home in east Dublin is completely out of my budget, for a resale home would you prefer Pleasanton over east Dublin.
I am not very particular about a brand new home but I prefer to get home not older than 10-15 years.
Hearing from couple of friends I know in tri valley (most of my friends lives in Fremont or further south in silicon valley) and reading what is available on the internet on different sites & blog ,
I do not think we are going to buy in west Dublin (at least for now unless my perception is changed with some data to support it)

You seems to have done a lot of research before buying your home based on your posts so trying to get your feedback.

TYIA
Enjoylife, Home Buyer, Dublin, CA
Tue Feb 26, 2013
The new homes with bigger lot >6000sqft will be out of your budget, they are in high 800 to mid 900k nowadays. Windwood in Jordan Ranch has 3500~4000sqft lot, 2250-2680sqft homes, priced in 710-780k, but there is priority list you have to get on first to be able to purchase in their future releases. Other new homes currently selling are all small lot cookie cutters. KB Homes will open a new subdiv in Positano in May, 2200-2700sqft homes, lot size approx 3500-4200sqft, likely to be priced starting in mid 700k, you may have your buyer agent to give them a call to find more info if you are interested. The older resale homes may have bigger lots in your budget range, but there aren't many resale homes on market now, you just have to keep checking the listings.
Meena Gujral, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
Hi Meeta,

There were several options in Dublin but the ones with the bigger lots and more square footage have increased the price range in the next release. I have several buyers looking for new homes in Dublin and I would be happy to tell you of the differesnt builders that may still be a possiblility for you.

Make sure you take an agent with you so they can register you there. If you have not registered at other sales offices, please take advantage of what your agent can provide you The builder will pay your agent a commission so it costs you nothing. I give my buyers a lot of inside scoop on how much the homes are going up in each phase, what the whole neighborhood resale homes are going for and if it makes sense to buy in that development. By getting an agent you have a lot to gain and nothing to lose.

Meena Gujral
Achievers Realty
925-425-9491
http://www.helpusellachievers.com