Planning to move to Naperville shortly. I have a son with Asperger's and would like to know which school in #203/204 district would be best for him.

Asked by msmladams, Naperville, IL Fri Sep 7, 2012

Answers

9
sdanemayer, Renter, Naperville, IL
Tue Dec 4, 2012
Prairie Elementary on Charles Ave is very good. Helped my son with an IEP program.
dean, Both Buyer And Seller, Naperville, IL
Mon Sep 24, 2012
We've found Clow Elementary Amazing.
Couple homes for sale a on our block too. Listing ours soon also.
Drive by 10 S 189 Alan Rd
dean@soraapps.com
Dawn Green, Agent, Naperville, IL
Sun Sep 9, 2012
Besides being a real estate broker from Naperville , I am a parent of a child with Asperger's. I will share my personal experiences with you. Contact me directly if you like at dawn.green@bairdwarner.com.
Sunita Tandon, Agent, Naperville, IL
Fri Sep 7, 2012

I was a special educator prior to being a Realtor and have substituted in district 204. Mostly all schools on 204 are great to be in if you have a special need child.But the right person to give to information to make a better decision would be  this-
Contact Leah Kabira (lkabira@aol.com) to learn more about the IPSN PTA! She will be able to guide you .
Feel free to call me if you need to.
Sunita Tandon.
630-742-5090.
Yvonne Rusin, Agent, Wheaton, IL
Fri Sep 7, 2012
My daughter has Down syndrome - and i am very familiar with your concerns. You really need to get in touch with the parent groups for kids with special needs from these two districts. It would also be prudent to contact the director of special needs in these school districts. Let me know if you need assistance in contacting people. Yvonne Rusin - Broker Coldwell Banker 630.886.5841
Julie Michael, Agent, Glen Ellyn, IL
Fri Sep 7, 2012
Each of these districts has different philosophies in dealing with special needs children. Talk with the Director of Education of each to find out which district seems right for your child. Are you looking for programs that are separate or mainstreamed into the schools population? How much help does your child require and how much is the district offering? I am a former educator who has helped familes move to where their childs' needs are best met. I can help you too.
George Mered…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Fri Sep 7, 2012
Naperville north in dist 203 is what you ideally would wants to feed into, of course the other schools are great schools also but Naperville North seems to have more programs from my experience.
Junior Godin…, Agent, Downers Grove, IL
Fri Sep 7, 2012
hi i found this report http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/disability_iss… both schools are in the top naperville districts the best thing would be to visit the teachers and principal to find out more hope it helps a little

any questions dont hesitate to contact me 773-474-4033
Web Reference:  http://www.JuniorGodinez.com
Katie Skomor…, Agent, Downers Grove, IL
Fri Sep 7, 2012
http://www.meetup.com/autismmoms/

That may be a good site to talk to others in the area and get their opinions. I have heard that Naperville's programs are good and other forums have mentioned that as well. You could always call the district office and inquire.