NJ, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

Planning to buy soon a single fam home in L.I Price is the most impt , must be below $400K, decent school district, commutable to NYC. Suggestion?

Asked by NJ, New York, NY Sat Mar 13, 2010

Answers

11
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Sat Nov 24, 2012
It is really important that you have an idea where you want to be before starting and...you must be pre-approved (not pre-qualified) before engaging a Realtor.

Most of L.I. is commutable...LI Railroad. Why not open the LIRR website and look where the stations are and the travel time into the City and determine what you can deal with.

Rule of thumb is the longer the travel time to NYC, the more house for the money.

Now you have an area. Go to School.com and compare that school district with your current one to get an idea of what the changes will be.

When you have your full pre-approval so you know exactly what is affordable, an idea of which town and school district, you will be ready to start looking.

I will be happy to walk you through it in more depth if you wish to give me a call; 631-425-6150.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
Eleanor Sams…, Agent, Valley Stream, NY
Sat Nov 24, 2012
Price is not always the most important factor. Taxes and insurance can have a great impact on your final mortgage payment. It's always a good idea to speak with someone who specializes in real estate financing in order to confirm your budget before searching for properties within a certain price range. I know your time is precious and you probably wouldn't want to waste it searching for properties in the wrong category. Based on the information you have provided, there are a wide range of communities to choose. Elmont, Floral Park, New Hyde Park, Valley Stream, Lynbrook, Rockville Center and Woodmere are just a few suggestions.

Please feel free to visit my websites. There you will find information on schools, crime and other demographics that are important in selecting a home. Use the site to compare and contrast information from various communities. In addition please feel free to call or text me at 646-201-0564. I would be happy to put you in touch with someone who will be able to help you to determine a real estate budget that is comfortable for you and your family.
Robin Silver…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Garden City, NY
Sun Mar 14, 2010
NJ, you do have many choices in Nassau County in your price range that are commutable. One important thing that you can keep in mind is that property taxes vary, and certain areas may require flood insurance. If you would like to give me a call, we can discuss how these variable affect your payment, and exactly what you can qualify for. Although my main office is in Stamford, CT, I have always lived on Long Island and am very familiar with what you can get for what price in the various communities. I can be reached at 516-972-1687, or through my Trulia profile.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Mar 13, 2010
You have many great choices,and you may want to research some areas on your own and target the ones that best suit your needs/lifestyle--consider New Hyde Park, Mineola, Floral Park, from these areas, via direct train in you can be in Penn Station in approximately 35 minutes--you can also check out Westbury, East Meadow, etc. Feel free to e-mail me for listings--also check out
http://www.MLSLI.com
Antonio Laur…, , Valley Stream, NY
Sat Mar 13, 2010
Until you find a lender to approve you for a loan you don't really have a price range. The information you have received so far are a very important part of the process. I would Love to see that you don't miss out on the tax credit for first time home buyers ending on April 30th. You don't have alot of thinking time here with respect to this opportunity. Visit http://www.mlsli.com asap to get answers to many questions that you may have, and watch tutorials design for first time home buyers and much more.. then if you are ready to move forward contact someone like me a Licensed Real Estate Professional.
Allen Bauman, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Mar 13, 2010
Hi NJ

It's a great time to buy. There are many homes to choose from in your price range. I see you are interested in Valley Stream. I live there and can help you with any questions you have. I am also a residential appraiser and can help you determine the true value of homes you may be interested in. Contact me as soon as possible to look at homes. In order to take advantage of the home buyer tax credit you must be in contract by 4/30/10 and close by 6/30/10. This does not leave a lot of time.
Also it is imperative that you get pre-approved first so that you have all the information you need about affordability and any credit issues that need to be resolved. One of my team members can help you with that also.

Allen Bauman
Century21 Yve
Licensed R. E. Agent
NYS Certified Residential Appraiser
515-791-3846
allen.bauman@gmail.com
Lenny Bobrow, Agent, Woodmere, NY
Sat Mar 13, 2010
First step is to meet with a lender and get a pre-approval - that makes you a serious buyer.

I work in the Five Towns and surrounding areas. I have many homes in that price range, and it is an easy (less than 50 minute) commute to NYC via the LIRR.

You can visit my website to search the MLS, create and save searches - all free. There is also town and school information links as well.

I'd be happy to answer any questons that you have,.

Donna Galinsky
Pugatch Realty Corp
516-317-9253
dgalinsky@pugatch.com
Web Reference:  http://findyourhomeli.com
Barbara McDe…, Agent, Wantagh, NY
Sat Mar 13, 2010
You are very wise to buy now. As John said, speak with a mortgage lender first. When buying a home, it's not price that you should be looking at . You should know what the cost is. These are two different things. Your lender will explain.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Sat Mar 13, 2010
I would be happy to set you up with a free listing book acct that will allow to search anywhere in long island based on your needs. This svc does not lock you into me or any other realtor.

Contact me At Gail@gailgladstone.com. I only need 1st and last name and email address or call me at 631-425-6150.
Web Reference:  http://Gailgladstone.com
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Sat Mar 13, 2010

John Ford, Agent, Massapequa, NY
Sat Mar 13, 2010
Talk to a loan officer first. Find out exactly what you can afford. Then Shop for a Broker to Represent you in the Buying process. You should ask for recomendations from friends and associates. Good Luck its a great time to BUY! rates and prices are at great lows and the market seams to be heating up some.