Reddy, Home Buyer in 95136

Planning to buy a townhome b/w Niles Blvd & Mission Blvd in fremont, comes under niles school district.. What are the pros and cons???

Asked by Reddy, 95136 Mon Oct 3, 2011

1350 SqFt, 3 bed & 2.5 bath , two story house with two carg garage and no back yard, 5years old home..
How about the area? what is the reasonable price.What about the resale valuse for those
kind of house in that particular area..any potential problems that we shoulder look after...

Answers

5
Manasgopujkar, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sun May 15, 2016
Hi Reddy,
did you decide to buy this property? If yes then can you please share your feedback re. train noise? I am looking at a TH very close to the tracks and am trying to assess how big a factor the train traffic would be.
thank you!
Manas
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Sat Oct 8, 2011
Q1: How about the area?
A: Niles is a great area as pointed out by John – and the school scores are good as well.

Q2: What is the reasonable price.
A: Can’t help you with this one – as Realtors we cannot provide comps for you in this venue because it would put us in an agency relationship with you – I’m assuming you already have an agent you are working with. Also, even if we could provide comps, we’d need to (i) know the exact address and (ii) visit the property to be able to provide you with a detailed analysis. These are the kinds of things your Realtor should be doing for you.

Q3: What about the resale valuse for those
A: Again, without knowing the address and development, it’s impossible to say. Niles homes have held their value the same as most other neighborhoods in Fremont, so as Fremont goes, so goes Niles. Value also has to do with the condition of the HOA and other potential related neighborhood issues – without an address, it’s impossible to conjecture.

Q4: kind of house in that particular area..
A: Not enough information to give you a proper answer

Q5: any potential problems that we shoulder look after...
A: Your Realtor should be doing a comparable market analysis of the area, providing you with detailed information about the specific home you are looking at and should oversee the process of obtaining reports, etc. Without knowing the address, we don’t know how close you are to railroad tracks, main streets, schools, potential issues, etc.
.
Dawn Rivera, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Oct 4, 2011
Hi Reddy, I have to agree with John. Niles is a wonderful school. Centerville middle and Washington high are good schools as well.

Pros: newer home nice small town like area, still close to everything.

Cons: HOA dues that always goes up and is not tax deductable. Like you stated, you have no yard, and you do not own the land.

I am sure there are more pros and cons but, I would look into the Single family Homes (SFH) in the area if I were you. The amount you would pay for HOA could be added to the amount of Mortgage payment you are willing to pay, and as part of your mortgage payment, its tax deductable!.....Good luck, feel free to contact me with any other questions....Dawn
Web Reference:  http://DawnRivera4Homes.com
Ken Vasan, Agent, Fremonet, CA
Tue Oct 4, 2011
Reddy :

Given that Niles area meets are your needs, I would then look at the math that would make it a sensible buy or not. Now that the rates are so low, I would raise my buying power to see if I can buy a SFH. In the longer run it would make more sense in many aspects. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Web Reference:  http://www.kenvasan.com
John Dutra, , Fremont, CA
Tue Oct 4, 2011
Reddy,
I live in Niles myself and my son has gone to Fremont Christian all his life. However, with the benefit of hindsight, I would have definitely sent him to Niles Elementary. Niles is a wonderful school with hard working teachers that really pay attention to their students. Niles is fairly unique in that they ask for - and get, a lot of parent participation which makes a huge difference.
Niles is a fun school with good support. I hope that helps.