First Time B…, Home Buyer in Blue Bell, PA

Oxford of Blue Bell, Blue Bell, PA

Asked by First Time Buyer, Blue Bell, PA Mon Aug 31, 2009

I'm looking to buy a 3BR, 2.5 bath in Oxford of Blue Bell, Blue Bell, PA. Recently, they dropped their price to 239,900. Anyone knowledgeable about the area? Also, if the price is a good price as they are not willing to negotiate further (No seller assists, No discount upgrades, etc). Thanks very much!

Answers

10
Mary Yang, Agent, Blue Bell, PA
Tue Jan 26, 2010

Oxford of Blue Bell Condos have dropped their prices significantly (amost 15% ) of what they were selling for initially in year 2006. It comes with new appliances, open floor plans and upgrades. The Atmosphere is quiet and sublime; family oriented. I have been told my by buyer that the maintenance and office people are very efficient. Ammenities include swimming pool, tennis courts and fitness center. Ample parking space for residents and guests.

Location is prime as it is only 15 minutes away from Center City by blue route. Close to other highway arteries, nearby major shopping centers, restaurant galore and great school district.

It's a great way to start your first investment and make it your lifestyle! As you may already know, first home buyers are able to receive their $8000 tax credit if agreement is executed by the 30th of April and home purchased by June 30th.

Please call me with any questions. I am dedicated to customer service and passionate about real estate.

Good luck to you!
Lorri Paster, Agent, Blue Bell, PA
Tue Jan 26, 2010
Hi. I am also an agent in Blue Bell and would be happy to help you secure this home! You certainly may be able to get some seller assist and will also be eligible for the first time home buyer credit. There are countless mortgages that can be worked out for you. Call me to arrange a free consultation with Weichert Financial. This can be done in my office in Blue Bell or over the phone.

Thanks!
Lorri Paster
Weichert Blue Bell
267-240-5767
Lorri Paster, Agent, Blue Bell, PA
Tue Jan 26, 2010
Hi, i am located in Blue Bell and am familiar with Oxford...please give me a call and we can discuss your options for purchasing this home!

Thanks!
Lorri

Weichert Realtors
Blue Bell, Pa
267-240-5767
Michael Murr…, , New Jersey
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Are you approved for a mortgage, because knowing how much the payments are sometimes helps in your decision making. I can help mike@murray4money.com
Cheryl R. Su…, , Schwenksville, PA
Mon Aug 31, 2009
It depends on how quickly they want to sell, how soon you are looking to move, you mortgage pre-approval, etc. I have gotten lower prices on builders homes in the past and would love to disuss further how I could help you.
Sean Dawes, , Philadelphia, PA
Mon Aug 31, 2009
I have made offers in there. They are not looking to wiggle with pricing. Are you dead set on that location?

I would hold out if you can as they will have to be a little more flexible with pricing as fall/winter approaches as it will be dead in terms of sales.

Nice area but I still think they should bring the prices down a little bit.
Mika Lisiews…, , Norristown, PA
Mon Aug 31, 2009
I am currently in the process of closing on one of the Oxford of Blue Bell properties at the end of September for a buyer I've been working with. I would love to talk to you about Oxford of Blue Bell. I can provide you with infomation on comparables, the builders agreement, and the process in general as it pertains to these properties. Please feel free to contact me.

Mika D. Lisiewski
REALTOR
Century 21 Alliance
630 Germantown Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444
office: 610-828-2700 ext.275
cell: 610-226-5727
Licensed in PA RS308999
mikacentury21@aol.com
Ronna Schultz, Agent, Blue Bell, PA
Mon Aug 31, 2009
I commend you "First Time Buyer" for first, taking advantage of the current market's favorable climate for first time buyers and , second, for trying to get answers to questions you have about the process. Buying a home is a complicated venture for anyone, and for the first time buyer it is even more so. Blue Bell, like most communities in our area is experiencing some softening of home prices due to excess inventories (more sellers then buyers). Along with historically low mortgage interest rates, you could benifit from those price reductions with your purchase in Oxford of Blue Bell. Your question regarding whether or not the price being asked is a good one requires careful study by a licensed real estate professional who will review what prices have been paid most recently for similar units to the one your are considering. It is not a question that should be answered off the cuff. Along with the CMA (comparative market analysis) and consultative input from a real estate agent, you would be armed with the information necessary for you to decide how to proceed. Keep in mind, that having an experienced agent on your side, looking out for your best interests in the transaction costs you nothing. Their commission is paid by the seller. If you decide to move forward, now is the time to act. To qualify for the first time buyer tax credit settlement must occur by November 30th. As a 20+ yr resident of Blue Bell and a Blue Bell REALTOR, I would be happy to assist you in your purchase. In any event, I wish you the best.
Web Reference:  http://www.ronnaschultz.com
Ed Valentine, Agent, Blue Bell, PA
Mon Aug 31, 2009
I do believe $239,900 is a good price for the 3br, 2.5ba units in Oxford at Blue Bell. The past 3 sales for the 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom units were as follows:

8 Barclay sold and settled on 7/21/09 for $263,000--3br, 2.5ba, no basement, 1484 sq ft

1 Winston Ct sold and settled on 5/18/09 for $267,825--3br, 2.5ba, no basement, 1484 sq ft

8 Ramsgate sold and settled on 7/14/09 for $310,000--3br, 2.5ba, finished basement, 2202 sq ft--this sale price included a $9,300

I hope this information helps you make a decision, if you need further assistance please contact me at:
Ed Valentine
Broker/Owner
Century 21 Alliance
215-855-8424 x 135
EdValentine@Century21.com
Jacky Mitche…, , Blue Bell, PA
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Do you have an agent? An agent can answer all of those questions and more. Every buyer should have an agent. Oxford of Blue Bell was an apartment complex that has been refurbished & turned into a condominium/townhouse community. There are many answers to your question. Are you talking to the management team selling the conversions or is this a resale? A resale in Oxford more than likely would offer or accept a seller assist ( under the right circumstances). My office is in Blue Bell & I have serviced this area for over 20 years. Contact me at 610-220-7508 for more information. Be happy to assist you. If you have an agent , you should contact them for the answers. By the way, Blue Bell was voted 14th best place to live by Forbes magazine in 2004!!