Owner occupancy and FHA question

Asked by househuntinglady, Indianapolis, IN Sun Jul 7, 2013

A member of my immediate family passed away in my FHA financed home. In addition this is the home where I suffered many verbal attacks from a former partner. I tried to tough it out and continue to live here, but I can no longer sleep or function. I am on a limited income and would love to purchase another home, and because I am over 15k under water on this home, I would rather not sell it.

I just did an FHA streamline refi about a year ago so I could afford to live here. I will most likely end up with a fixer-upper or hud/homepath home that I intend to occupy as the owner. I am just concerned that I will get in trouble for leaving this home. I have posed this question to the several real estate agents I have used and eventually let go due to their lack of interest in helping me. Because I am spending less than 50k on a home, I've been treated as a waste of time and made to pull up my own listings...but they still expect commission. Any non-judgmental advise is greatly appreciated.