Our realtor wants us to sign a seller's invitation to submit new offer after we said no to an ammendment. doesn't the original contract

Asked by suzhardeman, El Paso, TX Mon Apr 1, 2013

still hold

Answers

7
, ,
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Not enough info for anyone to know for sure.
Gregory Touc…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Apr 1, 2013
An offer only becomes a contract if both parties agree to all points in the documents and sign and initial at all required places. Then if there is a change needed, that is when an amendment is required to change the original 'contract'.

If the Seller has submitted an invitation to a new offer, it means they do not agree to all the terms and the original 'offer' has not become a contract.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Apr 3, 2013
As it has been said, if you have an executed contract that is still binding. Any amendments need to be agreed to, signed and executed by both parties and they will at that time become part of the original contract. All parties could agree to terminate the contract and submit a new contract but that is really out of the norm. More information would be helpful.

_____________________________________________________
Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Jason Campbe…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Tue Apr 2, 2013
IF your original contract was fully executed by both parties... then yes.. it still holds.

If it was just an offer.. then no one really agreed 100% to everything, so there is no binding agreement.

Need a bit more of the full picture to be able to truly answer your question.

Jason
Vino Alonzo, , San Antonio, TX
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Hopefully, you received the information you need from the great agents on this site.

If you need help with your new home loan, please contact me. I have 14 years experience in helping families finance their next home. I am familiar with all loan programs and property scenarios, FHA, VA, USDA ($0 Down), Conventional, Homepath, Short Sales, Bank Owned Foreclosures, etc. I’ll make sure you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision. Customer service and on time closing is top priority. Hope to hear from you soon.

Vino Alonzo, Loan Officer
NMLS# 184279
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
210-685-7642
valonzo@castlecooke.com
Johnny Willi…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Apr 1, 2013
From the information you have given, I'm guessing that the seller didn't agree with all the terms of your offer and have made a counter offer, which needed an ammendment made to the original contract. However I'm guessing because I don't know all the information

Your best bet is to ask your Agent to explain in detail the contract and the process to you.

Johnny E Williams
(210) 858-7899
Email: jw@SAHomesTX.com
http://www.SAHomesTX.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Apr 1, 2013
You want to check with your realtor about this.
There is no contract if you didn't sign the amendment.
Sounds like you are trying to buy a foreclosure.
If that is the case, chances are if you don't sign the amendment there will be no contract ever.
It will change the buyer friendly contract to a seller friendly contract, but they will likely accept no less.

Of course we are guessing here.....we don't have enough details.